Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 15.00 Public Beta #1

Backup time...THANK YOU...so much to sort through here. Digital routing....16 seconds of delay...amps...pedal...this is going to take a while to sort through. BTW- Merry Christmas team FAS!

Last edited:
Added ability to route AES/SPDIF or USB 5/6 to any input. This has been achieved by changing “SPDIF/AES Select” to “Digital Input Source” which allows choosing between AES, SPDIF or USB 5/6. Each input now has an “Input Source” selectable between Analog or Digital.

Can someone give some practical examples of how this can be useful? I feel like this might be huge, but I am not fully grasping it yet.

Bears repeating.
9wAtJUC.jpg

Improved Amp block power amp modeling. Improved algorithm yields accurate dynamic frequency response which results in clearer bass and extended highs. More “chug”, “thump” and “chime”. NOTE: Existing presets should be auditioned. While the overall tone isn’t significantly changed, the transient frequency response is enhanced which may alter the tonal perception.

Crispy!

Thank you Cliff, can't wait to get home and try it!

Many of the Fender® amps have been “modified” with authentic presence and depth networks even if the real amp doesn’t have them (this was required for the new power amp algorithm). When the Tone Control Display is set to IDEAL the Presence and Depth controls can be used to shape the power amp response just as if the real amp had been modified. Setting the Presence and Depth controls to zero effectively removes the modifications. WARNING!!! If your presets use non-zero values of Presence and/or Depth for amp models whose real counterparts do not have presence and/or depth circuits your presets may sound different and should be adjusted accordingly. I.e., if you have turned Presence up for the Deluxe Verb model your preset’s tone will have changed as a real Deluxe Reverb does not have a presence network (and Presence defaults to zero for that model).
Does this mean that the improvements have something to do with the negative feedback network and we should expect to hear them in amps with negative feeback?

PS: did anyone already tried it? First impressions?

Dude, this is exciting. Thank you so much Cliff and FAS. You are one hell of an awesome group of engineers. Hats off to your commitment and vision.

Back
Top Bottom