Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 14.06

Thank you FAS - I'm noticing a bit of a jump in Fx Side CPU in my presets - nothing major / a % or 2 - FAS making room on the Amp Side for some new surprises perhaps!?!?

How many back up firmware's does every one keep? I have back up's all the way from 12.0 to currant so need to see if I should delete some back up's

How many back up firmware's does every one keep? I have back up's all the way from 12.0 to currant so need to see if I should delete some back up's
Not sure I understand your question. What is backup firmware?

I asked about axe edit if any one has talk to the guy yet because I see no reply's to him. He posted it last Sunday under axe edit and I don't see where any one has helped him. He thinks it maybe a bug.
But this is not a thread about Axe-Edit... If you want to get more attention to his thread, post there.

Also, "a guy posted about a possible bug" doesn't really help. What guy? What post? Even if this were the appropriate place to post, how is anyone supposed to know which guy and which problem?

Backups or firmware? Those are two different things.

I have firmware files going back to Axe Fx II FW 10 from 2013... They take almost no disk space and I have them if I ever need them.

Backups I also keep but rarely need...

I have firmware files going back to Axe Fx II FW 10 from 2013... They take almost no disk space and I have them if I ever need them.

I have them both, all going back to the 5.07? update, last year in May-ish. Not sure they're useful for anything now other than a "wow, I really didn't know my arse from a hole in the ground back then about building presets on this thing" reminder.... :D

Last edited:

Firmware back up's that you do through fractalbot

In a perfect world, every company would be like Fractal Audio.
Thanks Cliff & team.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/14p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_14p06.zip

NOTE: There is a known bug in the GUI for the new "TS9DX Hot" Drive model. This will be fixed in the next release.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Fixed bypass state not changing in Layout menu when zoomed out.

Fixed Metronome Level controls in Tempo menu not updating.

Fixed LFO Phase parameter doesn't work when LFO Type is set to ASTABLE.

Fixed 0.2 dB loss in some blocks (i.e. the Return block).

Reduced audio gap when switching channels in Amp block.

Added “TS9DX Hot” Drive model.

Firmware back up's that you do through fractalbot
That is not a firmware backup... There's no such thing.

That is a backup of one or more of the following, depending on what options you select:

• Presets
  • System settings
  • Layouts
  • User IRs
Firmware only comes from Fractal, and is only changed specifically by updating firmware.

That is why you can update firmware and not have your custom presets, user IRs, system settings and layouts overwritten.

That is not a firmware backup... There's no such thing.

That is a backup of one or more of the following, depending on what options you select:

• Presets
  • System settings
  • Layouts
  • User IRs
Firmware only comes from Fractal, and is only changed specifically by updating firmware.

That is why you can update firmware and not have your custom presets, user IRs, system settings and layouts overwritten.
You know what I mean. I label each back up to that version of firmware that was running at that time before I update the firmware. I keep copies of the past " firmware" as well

You know what I mean. I label each back up to that version of firmware that was running at that time before I update the firmware. I keep copies of the past " firmware" as well
Yes. I know what a backup is and what it is not ;)

Actually, we didn't know what you meant until you wrote this explanation.

It's a personal choice, based on your own needs and desires. Backups are tiny. Unless you need the space, leave them there.

Wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue in this firmware or if its just my setup. In a preset with 2 amps and multiple scenes... Amp1 OR Amp2 is bypassed in any given scene. So, in a scene where Amp1 is bypassed, I use default layout 4 (Channels) on an FC12 and start to cycle through the Amp1 channels. Since, Amp1 is bypassed, I get exactly what you'd expect when switching between Channels A thru C, that is, no change in the sound because the amp is bypassed. Then, when I hit Channel D, it changes the bypass state of Amp1 so that BOTH amps are now active. It does change the Amp1 Channel, as expected, but it also changes the Amp1 Bypass state. I am using the default layout 4, there are no Per-Preset Overrides, and no Modifiers on the Amp1 Bypass. Can anyone think of a possible explanation for this or is it possibly a bug? I can't upload the preset because it is a vendor preset. Thanks for your thoughts on this anyone?

EDIT: This is happening on multiple presets and, when first bringing up the preset, default layout 4 shows the 'Amp 1D' button as inactive (light off) as if Amp1 was not in the current preset. The other Amp1 Channel buttons are either full on or dimmed, as expected. After I change to channel D and see the odd behavior outlined above, the 'Amp 1D' button light comes on and will remain on if I change to another channel. I am at a loss to explain it... This is just weird.

EDIT 2: I may have found the issue. Somehow, 'Smart Bypass' was enabled for this switch in default Layout 4. None of the other Amp1 channel switches had this enabled. I disabled it and all seems well again.

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue in this firmware or if its just my setup. In a preset with 2 amps and multiple scenes... Amp1 OR Amp2 is bypassed in any given scene. So, in a scene where Amp1 is bypassed, I use default layout 4 (Channels) on an FC12 and start to cycle through the Amp1 channels. Since, Amp1 is bypassed, I get exactly what you'd expect when switching between Channels A thru C, that is, no change in the sound because the amp is bypassed. Then, when I hit Channel D, it changes the bypass state of Amp1 so that BOTH amps are now active. It does change the Amp1 Channel, as expected, but it also changes the Amp1 Bypass state. I am using the default layout 4, there are no Per-Preset Overrides, and no Modifiers on the Amp1 Bypass. Can anyone think of a possible explanation for this or is it possibly a bug? I can't upload the preset because it is a vendor preset. Thanks for your thoughts on this anyone?
Sounds like you have that footswitch assigned to Amp1 Bypass. Look in Setup > MIDI/Remote > Bypass.

Sounds like you have that footswitch assigned to Amp1 Bypass. Look in Setup > MIDI/Remote > Bypass.

That's a good idea, Rex, but Setup->Midi/Remote->Bypass->AMP1 is set to the default value of 'None'. Any other ideas?

Back
Top Bottom