Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 14.04

I just checked everything again and 14.04 measures and sounds identical to 14.01. As it should as it was just some bug fixes.
I concur, after going through all my personal presets and several factory presets, the sound is the same as 14.01. But if I move my chair off axis or turn sideways one way or the other or stand back further than normal, they sound totally different.;)

I feel like I the value of the support and updates is equivalent to what I paid for the axe fx 3 and i haven’t even had it a year yet. So if I look at it that way, I got the axe fx for free!! Seriously though, this is just on another level. No one fixes bugs this fast, and 99% of the time they aren’t even crippling bugs. It’s usually related to something really specific, something I may never come in contact with. But it’s good to know if I ever did stumble on one, it’ll likely be fixed by the time i notice it.

You joke, but there probably is a real difference there. 12 gallons of gas is almost 100 lbs, strapped to the bottom of your car helping lower your center of gravity.
Yes as I was attempting to be clever, I did consider that there probably is a tangible difference in that case. It's like the boiling frog story - inaccurate, but still a useful metaphor.

I wonder if Cliff puts tiny changes to frequency response in each FW, and then swears that nothing has changed, all the while laughing at us.....

(PS I know this is not true just in case anyone things I'm serious. But it would be very funny.)

Placebo firmware??? Clever.
I have long suspected this was a thing.
I should consider my ears to be not that good, because many a firmware update has sparked a rapturous outpouring of comments from others, and there's me going "Er….sounds no different at all". This has led to my inner cynic suggesting that some firmware updates are purely placebos. Other updates however, I'm noticing differences immediately, so they may be the less subtle ones.

Yes as I was attempting to be clever, I did consider that there probably is a tangible difference in that case. It's like the boiling frog story - inaccurate, but still a useful metaphor.

Put the metaphors down; calmly step back walking away in reverse. No more metaphors, analogies and/or symbolism. You abuse them so badly that you should consider them all used up. 😜

j/k

Enjoy. Bestestevar MI product I’ve acquired, perhaps aside from a few guitars… Actually that’s just a different arena. Huge love for fractal audio. Very glad you’re on board.

Last edited:
I'm not patent lawyer, but once a patent is applied for isn't he free to start implementing it regardless of if it's been granted yet, the only real risk being if it gets deemed an extension of the prior patented art and therefore legally infringing if he did start selling it? I'm just not sure waiting for it to be approved was the hold up but who knows.

Back
Top Bottom