Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 14.02

Aussie here. It's interesting to me as I've realised while teaching my kids to read that often the American way of pronouncing things is more phonetic, compared to the Aussie way. I've grudgingly had to accept that the American way is often more sensible. But then the American way of saying Beta with a crazy "AY" sound instead of the more obvious phonetic "E" is an exception in the other way.

well, for Kiwis vowels are regarded as kind of wildcards; they get swapped at random...

I’ll bet Cliff comes back with not only the bug fix but also with new toys.
Given that he already diagnosed the issue, and that fixing a NaN is usually a trivial endeavor, I'd say either he's decided to rewrite the affected code instead of just doing a quick fix, or is busy hacking away at other bugs or a new feature. I'm sure we won't have to wait too long until we find out :)

Given that he already diagnosed the issue, and that fixing a NaN is usually a trivial endeavor, I'd say either he's decided to rewrite the affected code instead of just doing a quick fix, or is busy hacking away at other bugs or a new feature. I'm sure we won't have to wait too long until we find out :)

I’m in no rush as I was Fractalized LONG ago and Cliff and the FAS crew never disappoint.

Queue all the smarty pants' telling us how hard NaNs can be to diagnose and fix in 3, 2, 1...

This happens sometimes, no biggie. We’re spoiled with the quality and frequency of updates. If a few need to be rolled back from time to time that’s OK by me.

Sometimes it is the compiler creating the NaN, and they have to program around how the compiler is interpreting the code to create the executable and creating the NaN issue.
I know this was an issue with the FM3, don't recall it being a problem with the III

It's not a compiler issue. It's a PEBKAC.

ROTFL :) I thought I knew most common acronyms, but this was a new one for me. So I looked it up:

"Short for problem exists between keyboard and chair, PEBKAC is a term used by computer technicians and IT professionals to describe a user error. The term asserts that the user is to blame when referring to the technical issue at hand; not the installed software or the device itself"

Good one, Cliff :)

this might sound like a stupid question but is there a mailing list where I can get new firmware update announcements without keeping an eye on the forum or randomly checking the editor?

My system tends to throw ID-10-T errors with increasing frequency these days. It's a combination of memory errors and slowing processor performance.
Oof, that stings. Too close to home. Lots of stuff here has managed to find /dev/null that used to be stored in RAM, and randomly placed extraneous do...while loops have appeared in the code....

ROTFL :) I thought I knew most common acronyms, but this was a new one for me. So I looked it up:

"Short for problem exists between keyboard and chair, PEBKAC is a term used by computer technicians and IT professionals to describe a user error. The term asserts that the user is to blame when referring to the technical issue at hand; not the installed software or the device itself"

Good one, Cliff :)

We used to call these DEUs - Deflective End Users! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom