Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 14.02

problem it maxes the output at 100% and no input sound, when I reset system parameters in utlilities it fixes temporarily, but when you start using the front panel knob it messes up again

I experienced the same issue. It appears to be amp block related. I had to remove and re-add the amp block in a specific preset to get it to work. The same preset works well in 14.01.

It's called Petrucci REC 18. You can find it in the presets section and try for yourself.
It's Amp2 interestingly in that preset no Amp1 block in the original preset.

Once that happens, doesn't matter what preset you switch to, the axe fx stays muted with output @100%.

Need to power down and stay away from that preset to release the axe fx. Since I removed and readded the amp block the issue hasn't occurred yet on other presets I tried, but I haven't tried going through them all.

Attachments

• Petrucci REC 18.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hey LT, what function does the multiplexor block play here?
Not LT, but I can answer - it selects which amp block signal continues past that point. I've been poking at this preset and leveling it for my guitars this morning. Great sounds. Also try the LT TV Mix2 cab if V30s aren't your cup of tea. Great sounds!

BTW, you can switch the amp blocks to Mute on Bypass and use bypass to select blocks also if you want to save a block. :)

Aussies are generally pretty self aware that we sound strange - if anything that only makes us lean into it more! My wife is from the states so there's not a day that goes by where she pulls me up on something I've said.

The Uber is sounding great btw. You really need to crank the mid and treble to get it to open up, and it loves a boost for tighter chug-chug stuff.
Is this firmware Beeeta or just a plain old Beta?? Haha, love your channel!!

Neither... It's an official release.
It was a joke. If you listen to Leon Todd's channel, he always says "Beeta" instead of the more conventional "Bayta". People gently make fun of him, but I guess its his Aussie accent. He knows the joke. If you haven't watched his channel, he has the best videos by far on the AXE FX and Fractal hardware in general. Cooper Carter is a close second. But you are also a wealth of info and have helped me many times and I thank you for that. Stay well!

It was a joke. If you listen to Leon Todd's channel, he always says "Beeta" instead of the more conventional "Bayta". People gently make fun of him, but I guess its his Aussie accent. He knows the joke. If you haven't watched his channel, he has the best videos by far on the AXE FX and Fractal hardware in general. Cooper Carter is a close second. But you are also a wealth of info and have helped me many times and I thank you for that. Stay well!
i think the joke is understood by those who know it - like most jokes - but seems he was just clarifying to those who may not know that this isn't a Beta, but an official release.

Pedant alert:

As a fellow Aussie along with Leon and Burgs, may I just say that "Bayta" is an American pronunciation in general, while "Beeta" is the UK/Aussie/New Zealand (and ?most of the rest of the world) version... ;)

How do the Greeks pronounce their alphabet (that word itself, if you think about it, is derived from the first two letters of the Greek alphabet - Alpha, Beta)? It's actually pronounced "Vee-tah" in Greek, so we're all wrong. But the vowel is the long 'eee', not 'ay'.

https://www.thoughtco.com/the-greek-alphabet-1705558

Pedant alert:

As a fellow Aussie along with Leon and Burgs, may I just say that "Bayta" is an American pronunciation in general, while "Beeta" is the UK/Aussie/New Zealand (and ?most of the rest of the world) version... ;)
Aussie here. It's interesting to me as I've realised while teaching my kids to read that often the American way of pronouncing things is more phonetic, compared to the Aussie way. I've grudgingly had to accept that the American way is often more sensible. But then the American way of saying Beta with a crazy "AY" sound instead of the more obvious phonetic "E" is an exception in the other way.

Back
Top Bottom