Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 14.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how you just "whip" these things together. You're like an Iron Chef in the Fractal world. LOL

Host: "Today's secret ingredient: Archean"
Leon: "Pfft!!! Challenge me, mate" < chuckles and proceeds to make a stage/recording usable preset out of thin air in no time>

Thanks for the video. It's awesome
Leon's hands are like Bobby Flay's palate. They just know what works to tickle your ears and tickle your tongue... but not in a weird way.

Sup? ;-)
Awesome update,,feeling out the new Archean seems pretty cool. Got a question though,,
Was there by chance "anything" under the hood in the update that would affect the Angle Severe 2 model, or the way it gets processed ? It got a little looser/ fuzzier, not as tight? I've been back and forth between 14.00,and 14.01 about 4 times now,,and there IS something that is just a little different,, I even recorded a clip and can tell it blind....just cant put my finger on it.. Anyway great update though.
MOSHON
DAVE
There were no changes to the modeling or to that amp model.

Ok, so what if.. the amp block was just a preamp block, and the power amp sim section was it's own block? Would that not eliminate the need for an entire duplicate fx chain for a designated tube amp fx return output connection? 🤫 just think about it

First, you really need to make a new thread @X1Nx. Just post a new topic in the Axe FX III Discussion section, which is the one this thread is in. Or a Wish since it's a feature request. Only those of us who read your post in the last firmware thread even know what you're asking for. (A way to disable power amp modelling to only one output and not the other. so live you can run a tube power amp and cab on stage with no power amp modelling, but front of house still gets the power amp modeling).

Second, a separate pre and power amp block won't fix this. If you want reverb/delay/other effects to go to both outputs you would still need to duplicate them on both paths.

You could buy a SS power amp to use with your cab and then having the power amp modelling on wouldn't be a problem anymore? Since the doubled up modelling seems to be enough to bother you live while using it as a persona monitor.

First, you really need to make a new thread @X1Nx. Just post a new topic in the Axe FX III Discussion section, which is the one this thread is in. Or a Wish since it's a feature request. Only those of us who read your post in the last firmware thread even know what you're asking for. (A way to disable power amp modelling to only one output and not the other. so live you can run a tube power amp and cab on stage with no power amp modelling, but front of house still gets the power amp modeling).

Second, a separate pre and power amp block won't fix this. If you want reverb/delay/other effects to go to both outputs you would still need to duplicate them on both paths.

You could buy a SS power amp to use with your cab and then having the power amp modelling on wouldn't be a problem anymore? Since the doubled up modelling seems to be enough to bother you live while using it as a persona monitor.
Ok, wasn't aware of a wishlist, and wasn't looking for a debate, or discussion. Wanted to post where people from fractal would see so maybe they could consider it. I'm sure there would be a way to do what I'm requesting but that's up to them to decide. Pretty sure I was clear enough on both threads. Thanks anyways

Ok, wasn't aware of a wishlist, and wasn't looking for a debate, or discussion. Wanted to post where people from fractal would see so maybe they could consider it. I'm sure there would be a way to do what I'm requesting but that's up to them to decide. Pretty sure I was clear enough on both threads. Thanks anyways
It's been covered several times before, though it would be cool, separating pre and power sections won't happen.

This is the last thing I could ever want to say about this topic. Why not leave the amp block the way it is, where you have the option to bypass it like you currently do. And have a new block to add the power amp modeling at the end of a chain for a dedicated output IF you chose to do so. Don't reply to this! Thanks

The Archean model sounds fantastic! A friend brought his Archon over to my space and it wasn't all that great. It had this honky midrange that you COULD NOT dial out, and it felt pretty uninspiring to play. This model sounds more balanced in the mids and it's way more fun to play. It only took a few minutes for it to move into my top 5 models list.

I don't know if you've experimented with this before, but different speakers/cabs can make a pretty huge difference how your amp... er...

Oh. :oops:;)

The Archean model sounds fantastic! A friend brought his Archon over to my space and it wasn't all that great. It had this honky midrange that you COULD NOT dial out, and it felt pretty uninspiring to play. This model sounds more balanced in the mids and it's way more fun to play. It only took a few minutes for it to move into my top 5 models list.
You have to crank the MV on the real amp. The preamp is very "dry" so to get the juices flowing the power amp needs to be working hard. This also smooths out that funky midrange.

The Archean model is really pretty darn fantastic! I lost myself in it for about 2 hours last night. Interestingly it feels a lot like my real life PRS Custom 20 combo in the way that it wants to just sing once the master is up around noon. The Archean model has way more gain and a different tone, but the feel and touch response is really similar.

I think part of the reason the real Archon needs to be cranked is because the power supply is too stiff. It's got six (!!!) big caps filtering the B+. That's too much filtering IMO unless you're playing at arena volumes. If I were to make a modification to the amp it would be a switch to disconnect four of those caps so the supply is more bouncy at moderate volumes. Maybe also a tube rectifier to add some more sponge.

I think part of the reason the real Archon needs to be cranked is because the power supply is too stiff. It's got six (!!!) big caps filtering the B+. That's too much filtering IMO unless you're playing at arena volumes. If I were to make a modification to the amp it would be a switch to disconnect four of those caps so the supply is more bouncy at moderate volumes. Maybe also a tube rectifier to add some more sponge.
Could make for an interesting FAS Archon version perhaps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom