Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 14.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's electricity, an Axe-Fx, and a guitar involved, that doesn't really qualify as camping, lol. (TBH, I've thought of doing the same thing.)

OT but... I'm on an open-ended road-trip in my SUV. Brought one guitar and the Axe since my SUV is my home right now.

I did 7 days dispersed camping near Grand Teton NP w/o touching my guitar -- OMG the scenery was enthralling. Last night I stayed at a different spot in Idaho (2nd pic) and it felt like time to break it out during sunset.

20200917_145600.jpg Palisades Res.jpeg

Last edited:
Not OT but... I'm on an open-ended road-trip in my SUV. Brought one guitar and the Axe since my SUV is my home right now.

I did 7 days dispersed camping near Grand Teton NP w/o touching my guitar -- OMG the scenery was enthralling. Last night I stayed at a different spot in Idaho (2nd pic) and it felt like time to break it out during sunset.

View attachment 73080
You can't fool me, that's a screencap of Skyrim.

Ok, so what if.. the amp block was just a preamp block, and the power amp sim section was it's own block? Would that not eliminate the need for an entire duplicate fx chain for a designated tube amp fx return output connection? 🤫 just think about it
I've read that Fractal Audio won't separate the power amp from the preamp because doing so could allow someone to reverse engineer some proprietary algorithms.

Found a nice setting for the Archean:
Screen%20Shot%202020-09-22%20at%208.50.07%20PM.png

This one takes boosts in front of the amp nicely. I have a 12dB mid boost and the amp boost set up on this preset, and they really add some nice grind....

Last edited:
I've read that Fractal Audio won't separate the power amp from the preamp because doing so could allow someone to reverse engineer some proprietary algorithms.
Interesting.. perhaps there could be a possible solution for that kind of thing as well. Would be a great feature

Combining two LFOs on tremolos can make some interesting patterns. I'm really only scratching the surface here. This was a quick take playing around with dissimilar LFOs in multiply mode on a VOL block.

It might be neat to try using the sequencer to set up a pseudo-random that tweaks LFO2, then use LFO2's A and B outputs to tweak LFO1, and use LFO1 to actually poke at the volume. :) By the time you add interference and a pseudo-random sequence poking the interference around a bit as well, you may come up with some seriously wack tremolo.... :)

Combining two LFOs on tremolos can make some interesting patterns. I'm really only scratching the surface here. This was a quick take playing around with dissimilar LFOs in multiply mode on a VOL block.

Nice, Ian!

Combining modifiers really opens the door to experimentation, with result from sublime to insane. Try multiplying an LFO and an Envelope Follower together.

Ok, so what if.. the amp block was just a preamp block, and the power amp sim section was it's own block? Would that not eliminate the need for an entire duplicate fx chain for a designated tube amp fx return output connection? 🤫 just think about it
the pre- and power- amp section inside a real head interact in ways that separate units don’t. having them in the same block helps model this interaction

Gotcha. Far be it from me. Anyways if anyone could throw me a good solution I'd be interested to hear. I'm a dual amp, complex chain kinda guy. I just want a full foh chain with no compromises, and to feed an existing tube amp for live. Thanks again

In the studio, where you have tons of options, effects are typically placed after the amp instead of in the amp's effects loop.

On the stage, where your options are limited because the power amp would fry your pedals, those effects are put into the amp's effects loop. As @Smittefar pointed out, that's a compromise. And you want no compromises, right? ;)

Ahh.. rex rex rex. Don't know what I'd do without ya buddy. Clearly that's not what I'm talking about. It's all good, thanks. Gotta run for now.

Besides the implementation of the Archon is the option of 2 sources for the modifiers such a fantastic improvement, that this firmware should have been called 15.0. To name it 14.1 is an absolute understatement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom