Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 14.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the Archean models more than I thought I would.

Clean model with Master cranked and Bright on.

The Lead model has so much gain that it's not really suited to crunch sounds IMO.
I sometimes use plexis with ideal parameters tweaked to make it go well beyond crunch. Archean seems tne go to amp for that

This Archean is pretty righteous. The key to the bass control on it is a really bass responsive IR and also use of the depth control.

The depth control is really, more so than a lot of other amps, the governor of how much bass that the bass control can dial in.

Depth at 3 and the bass control is understated when cranked to 10.

Depth at 4 and the bass control comes alive.

Depth at 10 makes that bass control into the pizza box tone control.

For some reason I never tried the Triple Crest 2 before. What a great amp!

Ok, so what if.. the amp block was just a preamp block, and the power amp sim section was it's own block? Would that not eliminate the need for an entire duplicate fx chain for a designated tube amp fx return output connection? 🤫 just think about it

Sup? ;-)
Awesome update,,feeling out the new Archean seems pretty cool. Got a question though,,
Was there by chance "anything" under the hood in the update that would affect the Angle Severe 2 model, or the way it gets processed ? It got a little looser/ fuzzier, not as tight? I've been back and forth between 14.00,and 14.01 about 4 times now,,and there IS something that is just a little different,, I even recorded a clip and can tell it blind....just cant put my finger on it.. Anyway great update though.
MOSHON
DAVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom