Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 14.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
you haven't been able to find it with all the Marshally stuff we already have? What are you going for?
There plenty of good stuff in there already. It's just better to get new options while searching than after I settled on one of the old options.

So far I've used one of the HBEs for this. It was close, but I was not totally happy, so I have been trying many different amp models. Some of my favorites so far have been FAS Brootalz, Dizzy V4 Silver 4, 5153 50w and atomics high.

I recorded this little snippet last night. Same DI track through four different amps. I don't remember the exact amps, but I can look it up and share the preset if anyone is interested. The first amp is the HBE.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8933wv5bsujsly5/Hi-gain amp testing.wav?dl=0

Thanks Cliff & FAS Team! Every update I am so thankful, seriously thankful that I chose FAS.

I don't know if this is new, but I would consider it a bug.

In this preset, I control the gate with the dry signal coming from the looper - both amp block bypass are set to mute, and when I check levels on the front panel, there is no signal in the cab block (neither in nor out). But I can still hear the dry signal from the looper passing through the gate. When I set up row 3 as the side chain source, it should (in my opinion) be muted from the output.
SideChainPassThru.png

TBH, I never switched over from the manual download/update pattern. Old school.

Can we get the next update on IBM cards?
:D
Same here. I like to download the FW and save it in a version-specific folder. Does Fractal-Bot actually save a copy of the FW on the computer and let you specify where to save it?

[Edit to add]As a test, I just rolled back to 13.03 and as others here reported, Fractal-Bot doesn't prompt me to upgrade to 14.0. So I rolled back to 12.14 and when Fractal-Bot asked if I wanted to upgrade to 13.03, I accepted. Turns out the FW syx file isn't stored on the local computer, it's just in Fractal-Bot memory. I'll keep doing things the manual way. It's handy to have all the previous FW versions at my fingertips. Disk space is plentiful and cheap. ;)

Last edited:
Great
a curiosity why the Fractal-Boot does not automatically detect the update? Thanks you are the best

Is it real or I imagining it. This is the most amazing soft and firmware support ever of all products it the world, Thank you Cliff wish you all the best

a curiosity why the Fractal-Boot does not automatically detect the update? Thanks you are the best

The update has been published through the forum first. Someone probably has to do something at the server-side to make FB aware that there's an update.

out). But I can still hear the dry signal from the looper passing through the gate. When I set up row 3 as the side chain source, it should (in my opinion) be muted from the output.

It's not a bug. The side chain is just for the detector, not the audio. You can probably work around this if you aren't using a stereo effect pre-gate. I don't think you are, but it's possibly you are hard panning the amp outputs or stereo cabs, etc. Nevertheless, just shove another block (volume/eq, etc) in the gated looper row. Hard pan that block right. Then in the Gate use the "Block R" as the side chain. Set the Gate hard panned Left on output. You can hard pan your amps Left to. Move the gate before the Cab so you can still have your Stereo Cab effects as desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom