Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 13.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
@unix-guy - not clear about your response. I read that info in the release notes but are you passing that along as a way to handle the double-duty scenario? I've not been able to figure it out.
@CodePoet - Give this preset a try. I use the same expression pedal (Exp 1) with a toe switch to switch it to Wah. Tuner Mute set to "OFF". Expression pedal 1 set to CC#11, Toe Switch (EXT SW 3) set to CC#13. I have no issues switching from Volume to Wah on the same pedal.

Attachments

• All-en Wun.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
I have noticed that the new update 13.03 changes some of my presets significantly. Some presets sound louder and sharper, others quieter. Is that just because of the drive block? Unfortunately that means some work to adjust the presets. Is it the same with you?

I have noticed that the new update 13.03 changes some of my presets significantly. Some presets sound louder and sharper, others quieter. Is that just because of the drive block? Unfortunately that means some work to adjust the presets. Is it the same with you?

Firmware updates can do that. Read the release notes.

The drive blocks I usually use sound different to me. All of them are more distorted and louder. I'm having to go through my drive blocks and adjust them.

There is a dichotomy between the frequent updates and the previous settings. I have no idea if there are any updates that have little effect on the sound changes of the presets. I do not think so.

I wish there was a way to have the unit power up each time to the tuner function. That way the unit is muted by default. So If you have an input slamming away at start up (by mistake), you could catch it on the meters before it invades the ears.

Why not just set the output to 0 after every use? Double check on power up (it takes a few seconds anyway) and it should be fine.

There is a dichotomy between the frequent updates and the previous settings. I have no idea if there are any updates that have little effect on the sound changes of the presets. I do not think so.
Yes, there is... You have to decide what works best for you: stay current and expect to occasionally adjust your presets or get your presets dialed in and miss out on improvements.

Yes there is. There are updates that just fix various bugs, or add new useful features all the time. Sometimes there are updates that require you to adjust your presets, but certainly not always.

Why not just set the output to 0 after every use? Double check on power up (it takes a few seconds anyway) and it should be fine.
Because I have the level set right where I want it and prefer not having to reset it each time.

Anyone else notice when selecting a preset on the front panel, the screen stays on the preset selection menu instead of showing the list of scenes? Now I have to press home after selecting a preset to see the scenes.

Anyone else notice when selecting a preset on the front panel, the screen stays on the preset selection menu instead of showing the list of scenes? Now I have to press home after selecting a preset to see the scenes.

Since 12.12:

Changed Home menu behavior so that selected page doesn’t change after recalling a preset from the Preset page.

When the FC pedal is not connected with the expression pedal, the wah is not bypassed

This problem has not been corrected in any firmware

When the FC pedal is not connected with the expression pedal, the wah is not bypassed

This problem has not been corrected in any firmware

If you save your presets with the footcontroller disconnected and wah in bypass state they will be bypassed when controller isn’t connected. At least it works that way for me.

If you save your presets with the footcontroller disconnected and wah in bypass state they will be bypassed when controller isn’t connected. At least it works that way for me.
So every time you're about to save a preset, you unplug your control pedal? I really really doubt that's how you're supposed to handle this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom