Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 13.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
@FractalAudio just found a bug: in the delay block, setting diffusion time to 100% produces a nasty metallic ringing sound, which disappears if set to 99.9%

It's funny, all the excitement over "tuner at heel down". I've been doing this for over 10 years with my MIDI controllers, all the way back to the Axe-FX Ultra. And I know I'm not the only one.
Yea, have had mine set that way for 4 or 5 Axe FX units. But I don't need it anymore. My guitar never goes out of tune ;)

@FractalAudio just found a bug: in the delay block, setting diffusion time to 100% produces a nasty metallic ringing sound, which disappears if set to 99.9%
Confirmed on mine as well (13.03). If diffusion is above 5% or so it sounds like it's going into high frequency oscillation when diffusion time is at 100%. Anything below 100% seems fine.

I also had it requested a long time ago, it is a feature from the RJM I missed when I went FC6. Thanks a lot for making it happened. Now I’m just missing a “Go To Last Preset” function in the Utility menu on my FC.
That function ('BAK' function to toggle to/from previous preset) is just one of a few FC functions we've been waiting for for well over a year!
The other specific ones I'm waiting for are:
Fast 'Typematic' Bank Scrolling.
Ability to remove bank 000 (offset)

These are functions that the old MFC101 performed quite easily, but for some reason, weren't implemented on the FC's.

That function ('BAK' function to toggle to/from previous preset) is just one of a few FC functions we've been waiting for for well over a year!
The other specific ones I'm waiting for are:
Fast 'Typematic' Bank Scrolling.
Ability to remove bank 000 (offset)

These are functions that the old MFC101 performed quite easily, but for some reason, weren't implemented on the FC's.

Hallo!
Ability to remove bank 000 (offset) - Display Offset 1

Attachments

• Képernyőfotó 2020-08-27 - 11.39.03.png
    Képernyőfotó 2020-08-27 - 11.39.03.png
    437 KB · Views: 32
clearly !

I saw Guthrie multiple times when he was with Steven Wilson and I’m almost 100% I saw Victory amps each time. I saw them at the 0930 Club in DC (jeeez I miss shows there !) and I was less than 30 feet from him all night...
The 0930 was a great place. Seeing Steven with Guthrie in that venue had to be incredible. Reminds me of when I used to see Danny Gatton at Club Soda. Can't beat being so close to great musicians.

CPU usage of drives in 13.3.

It's also in the updated Guide to the Fractal Audio DRIVE Models.

Download the "August 2020" version here: download Guide

And download a library of updated demo presets here: download Presets

BB Pre8.7
Bender Fuzz2.6
Bit Crusher3.7
Blackglass B7K2.7
Blues OD8.8
Box o’Crunch9.4
Compulsion Distortion (all)8.7
Esoteric ACB8.7
Esoteric RCB8.7
Eternal Love8.6
FAS Boost8.7
FAS LED-Drive8.6
FET Boost2.5
FET Preamp2.5
Face Fuzz3.8
Fat Rat8.7
Full OD8.6
Hard Fuzz2.5
Heartpedal 118.6
Hoodoo Drive8.7
Horizon Precision Drive8.7
Jam Ray8.6
M-Zone Distortion8.8
Master Fuzz3.8
Micro Boost2.6
Mid Boost3.8
OD 250 / Gray8.6
Octave Distortion2.7
PI Fuzz3.8
Plus Distortion8.6
Rat Distortion8.7
SDD Preamp2.5
Shimmer Drive3.8
Shred Distortion8.8

Last edited:
I don't get it. Can you be more specific about what's happening now that you don't want, and what you wish for?

You can set the Axe-Fx (offset) so it ignores preset 000 and starts at preset 001 right? Well that's fine, but the FC doesn't reflect that, because it operates in user defined bank sizes. I have mine set to banks of 5 presets. So, I need to be able to offset presets 000-004, so that they read 001-005 on the FC.

Right now, I'm using a workaround, where I don't use presets 000-004 in the Axe fx, I use 005 onwards, setting the lower limit of my 'Bank Down' to Bank 1 instead of 0 so that preset 000 isn't involved.

You can set the Axe-Fx (offset) so it ignores preset 000 and starts at preset 001 right? Well that's fine, but the FC doesn't reflect that, because it operates in user defined bank sizes. I have mine set to banks of 5 presets. So, I need to be able to offset presets 000-004, so that they read 001-005 on the FC.

Right now, I'm using a workaround, where I don't use presets 000-004 in the Axe fx, I use 005 onwards, setting the lower limit of my 'Bank Down' to Bank 1 instead of 0 so that preset 000 isn't involved.

So when you turn on the offser the FC doesn't reflect it and what happens? Still counts at 0 so on bank 0 does it show the non-offset values? Or does it show this:

PReset 0Preset 1Preset 2Preset 3Preset 4
Doesn't actually exist, true preset -1Offset 001, true preset 000Offset 002, true preset 001Offset 003, true preset 002offset 004, true preset 003

So when you turn on the offser the FC doesn't reflect it and what happens? Still counts at 0 so on bank 0 does it show the non-offset values? Or does it show this:

PReset 0Preset 1Preset 2Preset 3Preset 4
Doesn't actually exist, true preset -1Offset 001, true preset 000Offset 002, true preset 001Offset 003, true preset 002offset 004, true preset 003

Yes, so basically, even with the offset set to 1 on the Axe-Fx (so preset 000 becomes 001), the FC will still display it as preset 000 because it can't do the offset thing. That's why i requested this function.

Apologies for straying off topic!

Last edited:
Works here. If I set Display Offset to 1 the FC displays: 1: 59 Bassman.
Thanks Cliff, I will try it again...
edit Yes, it does start at Preset 1, but it still says BANK 000. I think that's where it comes unstuck. How do I get Preset 1 to be in Bank 001 on the FC? In other words, offset Bank 000 to display as bank 001?

Thanks Cliff, I will try it again...
edit Yes, it does start at Preset 1, but it still says BANK 000. I think that's where it comes unstuck. How do I get Preset 1 to be in Bank 001 on the FC? In other words, offset Bank 000 to display as bank 001?
There is no bank offset. Banks start at 0.

There is no bank offset. Banks start at 0.
It was something that the MFC did that the FC's don't do.
Back on the MFC I used its offset function to turn bank 000 into bank 001, so everything made more sense. I'm curious now as to why this seemingly can't be done on the FC's?

The 0930 was a great place. Seeing Steven with Guthrie in that venue had to be incredible. Reminds me of when I used to see Danny Gatton at Club Soda. Can't beat being so close to great musicians.

Loving these references to the DC clubs. I'm still in the area. I've seen quite a few shows at the old and new 9:30 and I spent a LOT of time at Club Soda, as well, although I've only seen local acts play there. It's a shame that Club Soda is gone, but I still see the sign on the rare occasion that I drive into work. If I ever win the lottery, I'd make a handsome offer to the property owner to buy that sign. So nostalgic!

Yes, so basically, even with the offset set to 1 on the Axe-Fx (so preset 000 becomes 001), the FC will still display it as preset 000 because it can't do the offset thing. That's why i requested this function.

Apologies for straying off topic!
It works well for me.
Display Offset to 1 the FC displays: 1: 59 Bassman.

Attachments

• Képernyőfotó 2020-08-27 - 18.36.56.png
    Képernyőfotó 2020-08-27 - 18.36.56.png
    487.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Fénykép0293.jpg
    Fénykép0293.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 21
It works well for me.
Display Offset to 1 the FC displays: 1: 59 Bassman.
But can you get bank 000 on the FC to display as bank 001 after offsetting?

You should be able to offset The presets like you mentioned on the Axe, then offset The bank by 1 on the FC, so that presets on the FC start at bank 1, preset 1.
this was possible on the MFCs but is not possible on the FCs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom