Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 13.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tuner on Heel Down - love it!

It's an all-or-nothing hardware-level setting I think, i.e. if you set it to trigger on your pedal then it's always going to trigger, no matter what your pedal may be configured for in the preset?

Can it be used if your setup has a single pedal doing double-duty, i.e. sometimes a volume control, sometimes a wah, etc. to where it shows the tuner only when there's a heel-down of the volume parameter modifier of the volume block for instance?

Re: Tuner on Heel Down - love it!

It's an all-or-nothing hardware-level setting I think, i.e. if you set it to trigger on your pedal then it's always going to trigger, no matter what your pedal may be configured for in the preset?

Can it be used if your setup has a single pedal doing double-duty, i.e. sometimes a volume control, sometimes a wah, etc. to where it shows the tuner only when there's a heel-down of the volume parameter modifier of the volume block for instance?
From the 13.02 thread (original post removed):

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Added “Tuner on Heel Down” to MIDI/Remote. The corresponding controller will automatically display the tuner when the value is less than 5%. Typically the user would set this to the same CC# (or internal/external pedal) that they use for their primary volume control, whether that is assigned to a global volume control or to a modifier in a Volume block. For example, if you use CC #23 as External Control 1 and connect that to the Volume 1 block in all your presets then set this to 23. Likewise if you use FC 1 Pedal 1 as a global Input 1 Volume control then set this to FC 1 Pedal 1. Now when you set your expression pedal to the heel down position the tuner will automatically display.

@unix-guy - not clear about your response. I read that info in the release notes but are you passing that along as a way to handle the double-duty scenario? I've not been able to figure it out.
Sorry, I thought you weren't understanding how it works.

The control is assigned to match a pedal. I don't think it matters what the pedal is used for...

Whoa ! I didn’t even know Guthrie was a fellow Fractalite !
Met him in Reunion island, which is near Mauritius, he was using an AX8 (Friedman BE model) :

He sounded glorious with the AX8. I recorded the soundchecks, they rehearsed that song 4 times, and each time Guthrie played a different solo, each one equally impressive.
During three days, I was there for his soundchecks + two shows, we traveled in the same car and had lunches, I carried his guitar case (heavy as f**k) etc, we even took shelter from rain under the same porch after one of the gigs. Wish I could share every video I recorded !

You need to spend some time on Fractal's artist page. ;)

clearly !

I saw Guthrie multiple times when he was with Steven Wilson and I’m almost 100% I saw Victory amps each time. I saw them at the 0930 Club in DC (jeeez I miss shows there !) and I was less than 30 feet from him all night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom