Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 13.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting to see what it was, since only some were having issues.
The linker didn't zeroinit an array on the slave core. So in some cases there would be a NaN in there that was causing a NaN in the amp block. The linker does some strange things sometimes. I had to specifically initialize the array to zero (which you shouldn't need to do according to the C standard).

So far I' a lucky one. I haven't been running it hard, but I did reamp and track and have been lightly using the FC-12 with noproblems

The linker didn't zeroinit an array on the slave core. So in some cases there would be a NaN in there that was causing a NaN in the amp block. The linker does some strange things sometimes. I had to specifically initialize the array to zero (which you shouldn't need to do according to the C standard).
So the linker command file had allocated the ram for the slave core.
And the slave core is accessible at the time the C init function is called.
If that’s true...that is a linker bug...
Initializing yourself is never a bad idea...

And just for the record, that wasn’t near as interesting as I thought is was going to be! :p;)

So the linker command file had allocated the ram for the slave core.
And the slave core is accessible at the time the C init function is called.
If that’s true...that is a linker bug...
Initializing yourself is never a bad idea...
It is indeed a linker bug. It happened because the array overflowed from the declared section. The linker should initialize data regardless of whether it has overflowed or not.

I spent the morning making sure there were no other cases of this. Nasty little linker bug.

It is indeed a linker bug. It happened because the array overflowed from the declared section. The linker should initialize data regardless of whether it has overflowed or not.

I spent the morning making sure there were no other cases of this. Nasty little linker bug.
Do we hold off installing?

meme2020-08-22-08-39-26-jpg.71726

Attachments

• MEME2020-08-22-08-39-26.jpg
    MEME2020-08-22-08-39-26.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 616
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom