Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 13.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else getting a massive volume jump if you set out 1 EQ to none? My output EQ is set flat with the level set at 0DB. Shouldn't the volume be the same?

I just installed the new firmware via FRACTAL-BOT and I get no sound. The OUTPUT 1 is showing pegged in the RED. I used a shorter USB cable and downloaded via web browser. Still no sound. When I power up the Axe-FX III, there is now a LOUD pop. I will revert back to 13.01 and see if it fixes it.

View attachment 71671View attachment 71671

It's likely an issue with that preset. Switch to a different preset turn the unit off and then back on.

It's likely an issue with that preset. Switch to a different preset turn the unit off and then back on.
No it's not. Got the same issue here, with every preset, after updating to 13.02. Reverted back to 13.01 and everything's fine again. Basically, the AXE FX III only outputs a DC signal (Output meter is on max, but nothing can be heard, until you switch presets, which gives me a loud click that makes me afraid my speakers get damaged). Tried downgrading to 13.01 and upgrading to 13.02 again, same issue. So, back to 13.01 for the time being...

Last edited:
Is 200821-173050-system+gb+fc.syx the backup file? If so I tried to restore the previous 2 backups and it's still on 13.02

Several people made the "tuner on heel-down" suggestion/wish here over the past couple years.
Thanks to them for pushing for it, and thanks to Cliff for listening and implementing it.
This frees up another switch, and costs me nothing. Love these kinds of usability improvements!!

No it's not. Got the same issue here, with every preset, after updating to 13.02. Reverted back to 13.01 and everything's fine again. Basically, the AXE FX III only outputs a DC signal (Output meter is on max, but nothing can be heard, until you switch presets, which gives me a loud click that makes me afraid my speakers get damaged). Tried downgrading to 13.01 and upgrading to 13.02 again, same issue. So, back to 13.01 for the time being...
Same here. Switching presents doesn't fix it.

I downloaded 13.01 from the Fractal Support Website, and I'm back in business!

Last edited:
Anyone else getting a massive volume jump if you set out 1 EQ to none? My output EQ is set flat with the level set at 0DB. Shouldn't the volume be the same?

Same here, tried output 1 and 2 (copy of output 1), no eq adds about 16dB to output level, eq enabled restores normal level.
Levels meters in layout are normal. Level in the output eq is set to 0, eq flat.

Hi Cliff,

Please see attached. Sorry for this on a Friday Evening. :(

Attachments

• 200821-173050-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 5
Big problem with the update...LOUD pop in the FRFR after it boots. No sound, and the output lights are on solid.
Turning Value dial makes another loud pop - the preset changes but no sound. Turning it off does the loud pop again.

Update: my Axe is really honked up. I loaded 13.01 back on it & it my FC-12 won't initialize. Also, each time I boot the unit up, my settings are lost, i.e. it always starts on Preset 000 now instead of where it was when powered off. It was also set up to have the first preset as 001, not 000. When I change the settings back to 001, it reverts back to 000 after a reboot.

I'm at a loss as to what to do & I have a gig tomorrow & Sunday.

1598050149086.png
1598051558550.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom