Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 13.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing I just can't keep up with all the updates. What brilliant service !!! By far the best gear I have ever got my hands on :)

Had another hit with the new drives. The Compulsion Drive hits me right where it feels good!
That is a very helpful video for me, because I rarely use drives and therefore hardly know them. So I got some ideas what I could try out.
Btw, nice cat...

Hi ,
Have still not updating , a few seems to have trouble with Factory cabs and those who have been stored after having loading new Fw ,
Is it reported ? Is it a problem with this Firmware ??
Thanks

Hi ,
Have still not updating , a few seems to have trouble with Factory cabs and those who have been stored after having loading new Fw ,
Is it reported ? Is it a problem with this Firmware ??
Thanks
I can’t provide any definitive numbers, obviously, but I have not had any issues with 13b, 13, or 13.01.

anybody else notice this?

possible bug - engaging or disengaging the eq section in the drive block causes a click (more noticeable with the drive in front of a gainy amp)

engaging or disengaging the eq section in the drive block causes a click (more noticeable with the drive in front of a gainy amp)

If you think about changing eq while a (relatively broadband) signal is going through it - it's changing volume of various bands discontinuously. I notice this with a variety of discrete switches in the axe as things are being turned on/off or relocated (e.g. EQ post vs pre).

Do you get a click with no input signal?

I'm not usually vocal about stuff like this, but input trim and global amp gain in linear? WHY? This makes no sense. Decibels are way better and easier to understand. Please change it back. Everything that could be shown in dB, should be. dB is easy to understand, linear or percentage units for stuff like this, is not.
Not disagreeing, but stating how it works for me personally I just don't care. It's musical. I would almost prefer to turn the knob and just hear it and not even see any form of measurement. When it's where it should be, my ears will say "sounds good man". I guess what I'm saying is this: I could just as easily do it blind.

I'm not usually vocal about stuff like this, but input trim and global amp gain in linear?

BMT, PD, Drive (gain), MV (gain) are 0-10 like any amp or pedal. Likely logarithmic as needed.

Axe "trims" have (always?) been a multiplicative factor with a default of 1.00 (= 0dB). Because it's multiplicative it is logarithmic like dB but a different convention.

Most internal block "levels" including overall level are in dB. I think the drive block is only exception with Volume=Level (0-10).

Global digital levels are in dB. Output boost/pad is in dB. A/D levels are in %.

Last edited:
BMT, PD, Drive (gain), MV (gain) are 0-10 like any amp or pedal.

Axe "trims" have (always?) been a multiplicative factor with a default of 1.00 (= 0dB). Because it's multiplicative it is logarithmic like dB but a different convention.

Most internal block "levels" including overall level are in dB. I think the drive block is only exception with Volume=Level (0-10).

Global digital levels are in dB. Output boost/pad is in dB. A/D levels are in %.
I remember the global amp gain in the Axe-Fx II being in dB. I agree that the basic amp and drive controls should be numbered like they are on the real deal, but the rest should really be in dB. That includes boosts, trims, level of voices in the pitch and delay blocks etc.

Yeah the only differences were two resistors in the output buffer section. The TS808 had a slightly lower output impedance than the TS9, so it could drive the following amp a bit harder. In the Axe FX this difference is negligible since you can easily add as much perfectly clean boost as you want digitally.

I had to delete a block in about 40 presets because the CPU was over the limit after updating to 13.01.

I use a vintage Stratocaster with stock pickups and I immediately noticed that all of the drive blocks were way noisier than they had been before. I had to lower the drive level to about 2 on many of them and they were still noisier. It's hard to describe, but all of the drives now have a similar distortion sound, and all of them have more distortion than before. I need to do some more testing, but that is what I noticed so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom