Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 13.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because the OCD has a gain of ~5 after the clipping diodes. If the diodes clip at 0.7V, say, then the output of the buffer is 3.5V which is right at the point where a typical op-amp will distort when run from 9V. Increasing the voltage will increase the headroom of the buffer stage and prevent it from clipping. IMO it's a bit of a design flaw. I would've reduced the gain of that stage slightly.

Should have known. Wish I'd done more EE/SP/CE instead of dumb high-energy particle physics.

My original question stands: would it be useful for tone shaping to allow +/- relative power supply adjustment for drives generally (a la variac)? Or would it only make a difference on a few models/topologies?

well i did the update las night and for the first time doing updates i get this message,see attached picture,i followed the scren intruccions and i press exit and now the axe 3 is sounding bad like with lot of bass,harsh sound,it never happen to me before with the firmware updates
For some reason your factory cabs got erased. Contact support and they will walk you through re-installation.
@FractalAudio I am also getting this warning. My factory cabs are most definitely still there. It doesn't happen every time I start the unit. Maybe 1 in 5 times? A race condition on startup?

IMG_0833.jpg

I just lost the afternoon running the OCD into an almost clean AC20 (EF86-B).
Sounds great - not like any other dirt pedal I've used before and better than anything else I've heard from my AFX-3 or AX8.

What a time to be a guitarist - thank you Cliff and FA team, these updates are mind-blowing, it's hard to believe that this unit just keeps getting better and better and better and better and better and better and better

I have to admit, this update is incredible. I have a couple of OCD clones and never got on with them - I think they are based on V2 and are very wooly-sounding. This model sounds absolutely stellar. I think I just prefer whatever version this model is replicating. Also, the Precision Drive model is the best 'tightening up' boost I've ever used.

Thanks Cliff!

Compulsory drive has crazy touch dynamics. I set it up with drive low and high level into a cleanish Bassman. Set it up so playing really softly feels good and then enjoy the articulation you get when you occasionally dig in.

It works well as a Marshall in a box as well; then you just choose higher drive settings. Then you can even run one into the other for a glorious sound.

Compulsory drive has crazy touch dynamics. I set it up with drive low and high level into a cleanish Bassman. Set it up so playing really softly feels good and then enjoy the articulation you get when you occasionally dig in.

It works well as a Marshall in a box as well; then you just choose higher drive settings. Then you can even run one into the other for a glorious sound.
I think it's my favorite drive. I can see why the pedals were so popular.

I too have been digging the Compulsory Drive. Engaged it into a Double Drive amp and it sounds glorious.

how do i get the LT TV Mix Cab? unable to find it on Axechange..

I had the same problem a while back. The version of AxeChange that's built into Axe-Edit won't show it (And who knows what else?) by searching for it, but if you use a web browser and go to the AxeChange site, it will come right up in a search.

In all my years of playing guitar I've never had calluses like I do now. This thing is more addictive than crack. And unlike crack I've been buying more guitars to use with my Axe FX instead of selling them to get more crack so this is way better. :grin:

Thanks for the work you put in Cliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom