Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 13.00 Public Beta

Awesome, thank you :)

Improved Drive block modeling. New algorithm uses a novel solution to solve the nonlinear ODE of a diode clipper with memory (i.e. a capacitor). The accuracy of the diode I-V curve is also greatly improved. This new algorithm has the accuracy of implicit iterative solutions with speed rivaling explicit solutions. CPU usage is only slightly increased vs. the previous algorithm. Note that many of the Drive models will now behave differently and presets should be auditioned. The behavior of the tone controls in some models has also changed. Of note are the Timmy models where the tone controls are now faithful to the actual pedal and decrease bass/treble when turned clockwise.

The Drive block now features a “Bass Response” control for types based on the Rat, Tube Screamer and various derivates. In some models this is duplicated on the Basic page as it is the Bass/Voice/etc. control (and renamed accordingly). This function was previously provided by the Low Cut control. The Low Cut control is now a separate control that allows adjusting the input highpass frequency. Existing presets will automatically be updated with the new default value for the Low Cut control.

Added Bias control to GUI of all Drive block models.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else get the feeling that Cliff likes to make up cool words that are way beyond the comprehension of most of us to make these things more fun for himself. I'm still waiting foe the ipdate where he improves the flux capacitor modeling of the muffler bearings.

In other words, thanks Cliff. I don't know what you just explained in those notes, but I trust you amd can't wait to try this one out!

Well, I‘ll just take Cliff’s word that the drives are improved. :tearsofjoy:

The other day I received a proposal from a plumbing vendor at work. I consider myself rather well read, but whoever wrote up that proposal was clearly having a field day with a thesaurus and possibly secret code.

I wrote them back, “Re-write this with a clear summary of the work you’ll be doing and I’ll sign off on it. You’re re-setting the pitch of drain pipe, not writing a secret amendment to the Bill of Rights that has to utilize a cipher to understand.“

The other day I received a proposal from a plumbing vendor at work. I consider myself rather well read, but whoever wrote up that proposal was clearly having a field day with a thesaurus and possibly secret code.

I wrote them back, “Re-write this with a clear summary of the work you’ll be doing and I’ll sign off on it. You’re re-setting the pitch of drain pipe, not writing a secret amendment to the Bill of Rights that has to utilize a cipher to understand.“
Lol. As a professional copywriter I can't tell you how many times I've had to tell clients this type of stuff.

Back on topic, I'm psyched to hear this!

Back
Top Bottom