Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.14

Does anyone know how to change the name on my account?...I never meant to put my full name up there but just left it when I first signed up because I couldn't find a way to change it....now I just want my first name and initial up there.

Awesome to see all these updates being made over the months. I've been doing some research lately as to which effect/modeller unit I should upgrade to and its clear to me that these axe fx3's are the only option. Currently using a gt100 boss and street cube, long time overdue for this upgrade and I'm sure the wait will be well worth it!
I was a huge tube amp snob and still own some. I went through several modelers before getting my first AXE FX. Now I'm on the FX3. Hands down the best sounding, most featured, exceptionally supported piece of gear I have ever owned. And don't forget all the contributors in this forum.

I was a huge tube amp snob and still own some. I went through several modelers before getting my first AXE FX. Now I'm on the FX3. Hands down the best sounding, most featured, exceptionally supported piece of gear I have ever owned. And don't forget all the contributors in this forum.
Ditto.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes
Improved Amp block Speaker Compression modeling. New algorithm is more accurate and sounds smoother with more “growl”.

Fixed incorrect default Negative Feedback for Deluxe Verb models (correct value is 2.00 if you want to update existing presets).

Fixed NaN when changing Drive block type if modifier is attached to Drive or Tone.
Rain,

You seem to know about the updates, if the NF is now corrected to 2 why is mine still 3.24 do I have to update after a new Firmware release?

Rain,

You seem to know about the updates, if the NF is now corrected to 2 why is mine still 3.24 do I have to update after a new Firmware release?
He merely posted the Release Notes that come with the firmware.

As they say, the correct value is 2... If you want to update existing presets to the correct default value then set it to 2.

If you were to reset the amp block or create a new preset and select that model it would be 2.

I thought I read in this thread that I would need to reset the amp block and I've got in the habit of doing it since I live in very few presets. I haven't been keeping up with the FW releases, updating about every other release and I think AB said he'd do a new update on the next major release.

The amp blocks speaker compression was set to 0. I don't know if AB set it there or if that was the old default from the FW when he created the Naked Amp Pack. Either way, the reset moved it to 1.
I don’t use the speaker compression in my presets. It in the past has taken away from an immediate “feel” I wanted to get in a preset. I sometimes use the output compressor- just a little, like 0.25, for cleans.

I will check out the new speaker comp and see, but if you want the presets to sound the same as when you bought them, keep it at zero. (BTW I am jumping on this by iphone without reading pages of the thread and so may not have full context for the above, apologies in advance if so.)

Last edited:

Truth!

I have 2 amps left with tubes (one of them desperately needs them replaced). I just can’t be bothered. No more messing around with tubes, fuses, and amp wiring once I got the III. It’s a huuge relief to not have to worry about it.

I have 2 amps left with tubes (one of them desperately needs them replaced). I just can’t be bothered. No more messing around with tubes, fuses, and amp wiring once I got the III. It’s a huuge relief to not have to worry about it.

Not to mention being too loud for most gigs, and at home, and often in the studio... And being heavy... And sounding different on different days... I love my tube amps, but you're right "can't be bothered" to deal with theme very day.

Not to mention being too loud for most gigs, and at home, and often in the studio... And being heavy... And sounding different on different days... I love my tube amps, but you're right "can't be bothered" to deal with theme very day.
Exactly why I bought the Ax II way back when, then the Ax8, then the Ax III. Never looked back. If FAS gear works for Camilo Velandia and other top pros, it will work for me. My live sound has never been as good as it is now - ever.

Sad thing is I still get asked to turn down. I nod my head ok and put my fingers on the knob and say, how's that. I get a thumbs up, LOL

Back
Top Bottom