Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.14

Any word on the preset I uploaded Mr Chase??
I assume from the silence that something may be amiss.
Just wondering what's up...thanks.

I went to Factory preset #003 Deluxe Verb and it was ok, but was not impressive to be honest. Then I thought I should just reset the amp block and apply Cliff's setting from the other thread: Drive 5, Bass 3, Treble 6.

Wow, Very noticeable! Secretly, I have been turning up the Cathode Follower Compression on Fenders to compensate, but it's unnecessary now! You can hear the beautiful compression by default! Awesome stuff!

Thank you!!
It could have been FW13 ;)
Mind telling me which thread/post that was?

What's the first rule of wanting help?

So just a quick update...
Today I tried reverting back to 12.12 and after the install, the "lag" was still there.
Only when changing from Scene with Brit Pre to Scene with Shiva Clean.

I'll go back to 12.14 for the other updates, yet it seems reverting won't fix the lag issue :(
Hope there's a fix.

I have question about how you guys are documenting your amp block values. Are you just taking screen shots for each amp parameter screen and referring back? That's what I'm doing but want to know if there is an easier way that I'm missing out on? Also, when I reset the amp, it's my understanding that the default for speaker compression will be on 1 (per one of Cliff's posts above - Marshal Super Brit amp block, btw). It sounds like you guys are dialing in some 'goodness' and finding it between 2 & 4. Do I have that right?

Backing up now and going through the drill :)

I have question about how you guys are documenting your amp block values. Are you just taking screen shots for each amp parameter screen and referring back? That's what I'm doing but want to know if there is an easier way that I'm missing out on? Also, when I reset the amp, it's my understanding that the default for speaker compression will be on 1 (per one of Cliff's posts above - Marshal Super Brit amp block, btw). It sounds like you guys are dialing in some 'goodness' and finding it between 2 & 4. Do I have that right?

Backing up now and going through the drill :)
I don't. If I need to make any adjustments or reset something I just use my ears and get it back to where I want it. I have become pretty familiar with thr Fractal way of doing things, and even though I really only use a small percentage of the advanced settings, i can generally go in and things to aound the way I want to fairly quickly if I want to. It's all sounf, so I trust my ears better than my eyes. For me it's got a lot to with adjusting the tone stack fine tuning the pre EQ and post EQ graphic settings. There are handful of other essential tweaks I go with depending on what I am after.

I admit that it takes time and experimentation to get to that point, so sometimes screen caps or writing out a few of the main settings can help you in learning the unit though.

I purchased AB's amp pack, so there is quite a bit of deviation from the default amp setting. But screen shots and posting them into 'One Note' works fine.

The noticeable difference that I hear is a 'softer' or duller (compression) tone. The higher the value, I feel it sounds dull. That might be due to the amp block's other settings but I'm finding I like it at 1. Then again I'm not at earbleed level. That might be where it comes in handy, because I've always felt when I crank it loud it seems to sound and feel 'stiff'.

I purchased AB's amp pack, so there is quite a bit of deviation from the default amp setting. But screen shots and posting them into 'One Note' works fine.

The noticeable difference that I hear is a 'softer' or duller (compression) tone. The higher the value, I feel it sounds dull. That might be due to the amp block's other settings but I'm finding I like it at 1. Then again I'm not at earbleed level. That might be where it comes in handy, because I've always felt when I crank it loud it seems to sound and feel 'stiff'.
Is there a reason you're resetting the Amp block? The release notes don't mention a need for it.

On top of that, Buddy updates his packs as needed for FW updates.

Is there a reason you're resetting the Amp block? The release notes don't mention a need for it.

On top of that, Buddy updates his packs as needed for FW updates.

I thought I read in this thread that I would need to reset the amp block and I've got in the habit of doing it since I live in very few presets. I haven't been keeping up with the FW releases, updating about every other release and I think AB said he'd do a new update on the next major release.

The amp blocks speaker compression was set to 0. I don't know if AB set it there or if that was the old default from the FW when he created the Naked Amp Pack. Either way, the reset moved it to 1.

Hey all,

Not sure where to post this question but considering I'm running 12.14 currently..

I'm trying to make the synth block have controllable timing per step so I can set how long each step lasts before switching to the next step..

Is this doable?

I thought I read in this thread that I would need to reset the amp block and I've got in the habit of doing it since I live in very few presets. I haven't been keeping up with the FW releases, updating about every other release and I think AB said he'd do a new update on the next major release.

The amp blocks speaker compression was set to 0. I don't know if AB set it there or if that was the old default from the FW when he created the Naked Amp Pack. Either way, the reset moved it to 1.
Buddy posted recently in one of his threads that he prefers the speaker compression off, so that's almost certainly why its at 0.

I have question about how you guys are documenting your amp block values. Are you just taking screen shots for each amp parameter screen and referring back? That's what I'm doing but want to know if there is an easier way that I'm missing out on?
I export the presets as CSV using Axe-Edit if I need to refer to values set on parameters in blocks.

Hey all,

Not sure where to post this question but considering I'm running 12.14 currently..

I'm trying to make the synth block have controllable timing per step so I can set how long each step lasts before switching to the next step..

Is this doable?

I think the sequencer might be able to do what you want.

I think the sequencer might be able to do what you want.
Sorry I meant the Synth Block with the Sequencer set to control the Steps, but couldn't see how to set different timings for each step... it seems that you only can control the whole sequence time divided by total steps..

Sorry I meant the Synth Block with the Sequencer set to control the Steps, but couldn't see how to set different timings for each step... it seems that you only can control the whole sequence time divided by total steps..
As long as each interval changes in time you can "sub-divide" the steps.

So one interval might last for 1 step while another lasts for 3 and another lasts for 2.

You can take a pic with your phone and switch to a different amp and then back and set from the pic you took and see if it sounds different.

As long as each interval changes in time you can "sub-divide" the steps.

So one interval might last for 1 step while another lasts for 3 and another lasts for 2.
AAAH I see..

So.. just set repeating of the same note to hold it out longer.. based on the overall of the timing of the song.. to increase or decrease the hold of a given note?

That totally makes sense thank you!

I had a weird bug after upgrading to 12.14.

Output EQ block freaked out somehow and i found that every band of the Out GEQ was set to +12 dB and took some time to figure out what was wrong with it :)

Wow, Its kinda scary quite around here for a Friday. No new software ? Maybe I can catch up a little on all the new things this weekend.

Makes me wonder what Cliff is cooking up for us !!

Back
Top Bottom