Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.14

Just ran my DIs from the track I'm working on with the new speaker compression and it sounds great. I no longer need to use the output compressor. Finding around 2-4 like others have said around 150-200ms both cabs are Greenbacks

Thanks, I do that, I'd just prefer a one-button compare function, like synths (at least used to) have.

As it is, I end up with a bunch of copies with different name variations, which I then have to go back through, reconstruct what I was thinking, figure out if it's an improvement, a cool new thing, or trash.

One button please.
Available in FracPad (free on desktops)

Speaker compression sounds really nice on sparkly cleans too.

I just reread the blocks guide about Speaker Compression, Compliance, and Drive. As I understand it, each is effectively speaker compression with different (potentially tasty) artifacts.

@FractalAudio, can you compare and contrast Compression, Compliance, and Drive? Do they capture independent factors or if one of these parameters is turned up high the others should be turned down or off? I know we can "use our ears" but curious...
Compression models the reduction in volume as the voice coil heats up.

Drive models the distortion of the cone/motor.

Compliance models parameter shift as the voice coil moves within the magnet. The BH product is a function of voice coil displacement.

Sort of a philosophical question - if you're finding this parameter sounds better in this range, would you ever change the default setting to line up with what you think sounds better? Or is the default value of 1 closer to the actual "real world" amplifier, and as such, is something that you wouldn't adjust in a future firmware release?
The default used to be 2.0. I reduced it to 1.0 because I felt it was better to be conservative with the default value and let people increase it if desired. I'm considering increasing the default back to 2.0 (or higher).

Regarding the ability to know the "default settings" of blocks, I posted this over a year ago if anyone would like to discuss. I really think this feature would super helpful if implemented along with the ability to turn it on/off so it won't be too much on the eyes when turned off:

Whelp, it's not letting me past a link here so I guess I'll just paste the original post here:
(the post # shows to be 146175)

Default & Currently Saved Block Setting Values...

I would like to be able to toggle on or off the ability to see what the following settings are when looking at Axe Edit and on the display itself if possible:

1 - default block setting value
2 - previously saved block setting value

Like when you enable this future feature (could be VERY similar to "Block Info" button), it could show a little colored marker for the default setting of each knob/switch, and another different colored marker for what is currently saved. You could then modify your settings but still see where the default and what you had it currently saved at while tweaking.

Last edited:
I'm finding I have a lag between scene switches when using the Brit Pre and the Shiva Clean amps.
I have done the "refresh after firmware" AND tried closing Axe Edit, still lag...only going from the Brit pre to the Shiva, going from Shiva to Brit Pre does NOT have the lag. Never had this before 12.14.
I can revert, haven't tried it yet, however would prefer to resolve.

Any thoughts...??
Not sure how to upload the preset.
Using FC12 for switching.

I'm finding I have a lag between scene switches when using the Brit Pre and the Shiva Clean amps.
I have done the "refresh after firmware" AND tried closing Axe Edit, still lag...only going from the Brit pre to the Shiva, going from Shiva to Brit Pre does NOT have the lag. Never had this before 12.14.
I can revert, haven't tried it yet, however would prefer to resolve.

Any thoughts...??
Not sure how to upload the preset.
Using FC12 for switching.
What's the first rule of wanting help?

Only switching from a Brit Pre to the Shiva Clean...
So for example Scene 1 to Scene 4

Switching from Scene 4 to Scene 1 has no problem

BTW, thanks for responding Cliff...

Back
Top Bottom