Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.14

It's funny, I remember when I first got my Axe, I posted here that everything sounded unexpectedly compressed. Folks advised me to turn speaker compression down.

Hello!Help!
I have a big problem!
Everything is off!
The sound of the guitar is still there at the output.
Very confusing!
Because it also appears in the mixed sound.
Is that clear what I wrote?
I do not speak English!
Sorry!
I don't know, did I write in the right place?
Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• Képernyőfotó 2020-07-18 - 16.50.04.png
    Képernyőfotó 2020-07-18 - 16.50.04.png
    411.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Képernyőfotó 2020-07-18 - 16.50.39.png
    Képernyőfotó 2020-07-18 - 16.50.39.png
    370.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Képernyőfotó 2020-07-18 - 16.55.38.png
    Képernyőfotó 2020-07-18 - 16.55.38.png
    498.3 KB · Views: 62
Hello!Help!
I have a big problem!
Everything is off!
Very confusing!
I do not speak English!
Sorry!
Thanks for the help!

PM me! I will help with the translation.

Hello!Help!
I have a big problem!
Everything is off!
Very confusing!
I do not speak English!
Sorry!
Thanks for the help!
Attach the preset maybe?

Have you set any of the blocks bypass mode to mute? If not, then the block will still pass audio when it is bypassed (note the blocks arent off in any of your images, just bypassed.).

Attach the preset maybe?
I'm sorry!
I do not understand the question?
Currently: AXE Edit 1.06.03 version
FW: 12.14
I have already noticed this problem in FW 12.13.
Use Axe-Edit to export the preset to a file. And then attach the file to your response to this conversation.

I updated this one pretty quickly. IRs cannot capture compression and distortion, which is part of the magic and characters of cabs. I appreciate Fractal's effort to include that subtle but important details.

Others have chimed in on this but I think I have something to add. The Axe-Fx has the ability to RESET the current channel of a block. This is also sometimes called "initializing". To do this, press the RESET button (push knob A) in the block's edit menu.

Axe-Edit has this capability as well. Find it in the menu choice Block: Reset Channel or press Cmd/Ctrl + i

When you double click a parameter name in Axe-Edit, this is NOT resetting the parameter or the block; it's just setting it to a "handy" or "neutral" values. For example, many knobs will move to zero or to the twelve o'clock position. Many of these will match the value that is set by a RESET (see above) but others won't. I see that in some cases these "handy" values seem arbitrary. They may have been based on what were once default values but are now just vestigial. @Michael Pickens and I will make a pass through those to do a little cleanup.
Excellent! thank you Sir :)

Also, after that, It will be great if we could implement the reset single knob value functionality on the hardware unit as well ;-)

Last edited:
Excellent! thank you Sir :)

Also, after that, It will be great if we could implement the reset single knob value functionality on the hardware unit as well ;-)
What I constantly finding myself wishing for in this area is the ability to switch between my current edit of a preset and the saved version.
As in, I've been down this rabbit hole for an hour and a half, do I like my changes or not?

I haven’t moved off 12.10. Simply because I was happier than I’d ever been with the sounds and genuinely didn’t think they could improve.

The recent changes to the high end have opened up a whole new dimension for me.

This update intrigued me so whilst I had an hour I thought I’d try.

Wow! The compression is amazing. Most of the time I’m in the 2-4 range and soooo good.

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any better......

Back
Top Bottom