Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.14

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes
Improved Amp block Speaker Compression modeling. New algorithm is more accurate and sounds smoother with more “growl”.

Fixed incorrect default Negative Feedback for Deluxe Verb models (correct value is 2.00 if you want to update existing presets).

Fixed NaN when changing Drive block type if modifier is attached to Drive or Tone.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes
Improved Amp block Speaker Compression modeling. New algorithm is more accurate and sounds smoother with more “growl”.

Fixed incorrect default Negative Feedback for Deluxe Verb models (correct value is 2.00 if you want to update existing presets).

Fixed NaN when changing Drive block type if modifier is attached to Drive or Tone.
When initializing the amp block, Negative Feedback has the correct default value 2, but when double click on the knob in Axe III Edit, it reverted back to the previous/wrong default value 3.5.

This might be a general issue for double click in Axe III. Here are my questions:
1. Why is the double click revert to a different default value? What does that default value mean v.s. amp's initial default value? Is that just an random value? Then the double click is broken...
2. How do I revert to the correct default value, e.g. the same as when initializing the amp block?
3. How do I revert to the default value when working with the Axe III unit alone without the Axe Edit?

Thanks!

I went to Factory preset #003 Deluxe Verb and it was ok, but was not impressive to be honest. Then I thought I should just reset the amp block and apply Cliff's setting from the other thread: Drive 5, Bass 3, Treble 6.

Wow, Very noticeable! Secretly, I have been turning up the Cathode Follower Compression on Fenders to compensate, but it's unnecessary now! You can hear the beautiful compression by default! Awesome stuff!

Thank you!!
It could have been FW13 ;)

Back
Top Bottom