Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.13

What was the logic in making this front panel navigation change?

"Changed Home menu behavior so that selected page doesn’t change after recalling a preset from the Preset page."

From <Home> to navigate to a new preset from the front panel.

Key stroke #1: Page >>
Key stroke #2 Page >>
Key stroke #3 Page >>
Key stroke #4 scroll and select preset
Key stroke #5 Enter
Key stroke #6 Home key to see preset and scenes

Why not make the Preset page the second menu bar item the way it use to be with the new functionality for quick preset auditioning.

i.e. <Home> <Presets> <Perform-PP> <Perform-Gbl>

This would save us all some key strokes.
I said something like this a long time ago. I think maybe the Presets page could be on the Left of the Home page and the Performance pages could be on the right.

Also, unrelated, I wish that the Axe would remember the Zoom mode on the layout page. I never use it in Zoom mode and it's a mild annoyance the have to switch it back after every Reboot 😜.

Thanks again Cliff and Co. for all of your time and effort! The AxeFX III just keeps getting better and better. The new modifier additions are much appreciated!

Quick comment on earlier updates, as I don't recall posting on recent firmware update threads: The A/DA Flanger, JFET compressor, and the 6CA7 output tube type are highlights for me, with the 6CA7 being my favorite addition of any that I can recall since my AxeFX III purchase. I used to own a 1972 Marshall 50 watt head that sounded much like the 50 watter in the AxeFX III when 6CA7 output tubes are selected.

I said something like this a long time ago. I think maybe the Presets page could be on the Left of the Home page and the Performance pages could be on the right.
Now that the new home page is the Preset Page to navigate to the Performance page which I love and have in all by presets, it takes two <<PAGE key stokes to get to Performance page.

Now that the new home page is the Preset Page to navigate to the Performance page which I love and have in all by presets, it takes two <<PAGE key stokes to get to Performance page.
The Home page is still the Home page...

I still think it would be convenient to have the Preset page one <<Page left and the Performance page one Page>> right from the Home page.

Back
Top Bottom