Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.12

Thanks again for this new update,

@Cliff, can you confirm to us that the Amp Input trim and the Setup/Input1 Gain are both equivalent in signal chain ?
If yes, is it possible, in a future update, to have an uniform unit on both in db
caus' amp Amp Input trim is in %ratio gain and the Setup/Input1 Gain is in db
i know ratio 2= 3db and 4=6db etc... but will be faster for us to convert values between both.

Thanks in advance for your reply

They aren't the same. Input 1 gain is (I assume) the signal out of the IN1 block, where Amp input trim is on the input stage of the AMP block. i.e. Input 1 gain will change the signal that drive and other pedals before the amp sees, but input trim would be after those drive/other pedals which are before it in the signal chain.

That said, making the units similar might still be a valid request.

Last edited:
They aren't the same. Input 2 gain is (I assume) the signal out of the IN1 block, where Amp input trim is on the input stage of the AMP block. i.e. Input 1 gain will change the signal that drive and other pedals before the amp sees, but input trim would be after those drive/other pedals which are before it in the signal chain.

That said, making the units similar might still be a valid request.
you're totally right, it's only affect the input1 block gain for all the chain, as much for me, thanks IronSean!

Have you tried backing up then doing a full reset?

Is anyone else seeing this?
Yes - Various tabs of MIDI/Remote (General, Mapping, External, Looper) are blank and cannot be edited with this update.

Fractal - Can we safely roll back to 12.11 in this state or should we wait for a fix?

Suggestion to make it even better:

Enable the button's PUSH function to switch between a number of pre-set values.

Makes switching faster and easier, during a gig.
+1
+2 if custom naming of the values were allowed (paul, strat, etc)

Last edited:
Some tremolo ideas:

First section: PEQ middle band with LFO gain wobble - could have done this with the Filter block, TBH.
Second section: PEQ with low/high bands opposite phase LFO wobble - kinda like a harmonic trem, sorta.
Third section: 5-band Mark EQ in Amp block with all 5 bands pulling wobble from two different LFOs, one of which has Output B Phase on a momentary switch toggling between 18 and 180 degrees from Output A. You can hear it switch from a complex wobble to a more throbby wobble (that there's a band name! Tonight only: THROBBY WOBBLE!!!)..

Just scratching the surface. Put the control on a pedal, and you have variable multi-band EQ on a pedal. Lots of other things that could be done with these, too.... :)

Last edited:
Suggestion to make it even better:

Enable the button's PUSH function to switch between a number of pre-set values.

Makes switching faster and easier, during a gig.
Stupid question, but how do you enable push function?

Back
Top Bottom