Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.11

Really? My experience is the complete opposite. You might not get everything you ask for, but you're usually acknowledged and get nice things you never even imagined.
Sheesh. I really missed the mark on that! Sorry. I was referring to the fact that someone here told you not to make a comment on the Nord forum. I will now just go yell at the kids on my lawn! @unix-guy Want to join me? :)

No worries. It was more of an inside joke. He was talking about making a suggestion on the Nord forum and someone here told him he shouldn’t have made a suggestion there :) Nothing to do with Fractal.
Figured maybe it was along those lines. Most of my synths are software, so I don't know that forum. Sounds like the opposite of this one though. Lol

Sheesh. I really missed the mark on that! Sorry. I was referring to the fact that someone here told you not to make a comment on the Nord forum. I will now just go yell at the kids on my lawn! @unix-guy Want to join me? :)
Hahaha. I'm in as far as yelling at kids on the lawn. My last project was two guys in their 50s, 2 younger guys in their late 20s, and me at the ripe old age of thirty-twenty-seven. We were going to name our album "Get Off My Lawn!"

Hi
Anyone experiencing issues with the delay block ( digital Mono )?
For me its creating a distorted / squelch/ hiss noise after you hit/ strum a chord. Plus making my axe go into the red all the time. Hardly ever, if at all go into the red.lol.
I've had issues like this before with the delay block effect with Beta firmware.So I know its not the unit.
Included the Preset. See if you guys have the same issue.

Attachments

• Test.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
Hi
Anyone experiencing issues with the delay block ( digital Mono )?
For me its creating a distorted / squelch/ hiss noise after you hit/ strum a chord. Plus making my axe go into the red all the time. Hardly ever, if at all go into the red.lol.
I've had issues like this before with the delay block effect with Beta firmware.So I know its not the unit.
Included the Preset. See if you guys have the same issue.
Right its not doing it in stereo mode only mono. Analog Mono perfectly fine

yeah, I suggested a new feature on the Nord lead forum. Apparently not a thing you do there.

Dang, sorry....just looking at my watched threads and saw this (meme deleted). Fat fingered on my phone?, that meme was meant for something else, no idea what happened there. (Took me 4 tries to get this typed right, geesh)

Last edited:
Has there been any changes to the input gate block lately?
I had to lower the threshold in a few of my presets bc it's cutting off too much signal.

I had a brief bit of strange behavior with my AxeFX III after this update. The unit wasn't passing a signal, and although it was connected to Axe-Edit, and I could change patches via Axe-Edit, the AxeFX wouldn't save any of my edits. I looked at the AxrFX I/O configuration, and input 1 had been reassigned to SP/DIF; even after changing it to Analog, the unit wouldn't pass a signal. After poking around for several minutes, I still couldn't identify the problem, and used the AxeFX unit's Utilities menu to reset the system parameters. That fixed it. I don't know what happened, but it's all good now. BTW, yes, I am running the most current version of Axe-Edit, and using v12.11 FW.
This new firmware sounds really great. I'm loving the sound of my presets.

I had a brief bit of strange behavior with my AxeFX III after this update. The unit wasn't passing a signal, and although it was connected to Axe-Edit, and I could change patches via Axe-Edit, the AxeFX wouldn't save any of my edits. I looked at the AxrFX I/O configuration, and input 1 had been reassigned to SP/DIF; even after changing it to Analog, the unit wouldn't pass a signal. After poking around for several minutes, I still couldn't identify the problem, and used the AxeFX unit's Utilities menu to reset the system parameters. That fixed it. I don't know what happened, but it's all good now. BTW, yes, I am running the most current version of Axe-Edit, and using v12.11 FW.
This new firmware sounds really great. I'm loving the sound of my presets.
I'll add this: I've been an AxeFX user for many years, and have never had a single issue with my systems. This was a pretty minor blip, and it was the first time I'd played through the system since updating to 12.11 FW. Obviously, if I were touring at the moment, I'd never make a FW update; and when I do make an update, it's when I'm home with plenty of time to make any necessary adjustments. I suppose it could have been a user error, but I updated the system the same way I've always done. I'm writing this one off as a cosmic reminder to eat more kale.

Back
Top Bottom