Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.11

Something is going wrong with this firmware update and the sound driver on mac not working. I'm having to constantly restart the axe-fx to get sound to play through again after the axe-fx seemingly randomly stopping audio playback. It still plays audio put into the physical inputs just fine though. Any idea what's going on or what I need to fix? This hasn't happened prior to updating the axe-fx and axe-edit to the latest versions.

Maybe try a different USB cable?

@farrrell504 Have you tried just reinstalling the firmware - maybe something happened during the transfer that wasn't really apparent. I have had that happen before - some weird issues when I updated but they were corrected when I reinstalled. Worth a shot anyway.

Something is going wrong with this firmware update and the sound driver on mac not working. I'm having to constantly restart the axe-fx to get sound to play through again after the axe-fx seemingly randomly stopping audio playback. It still plays audio put into the physical inputs just fine though. Any idea what's going on or what I need to fix? This hasn't happened prior to updating the axe-fx and axe-edit to the latest versions.

Try this, when the audio next cuts out play something on iTunes. Does it play without sound or does the time marker not move? If it doesn't move then it's an issue that has been reported before: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/no-sound-from-mac-by-usb.146339/

If that's what it is then turning the AxeFX on before the Mac seems to sort it out. Unfortunately as most Mac users just put the machine to sleep that's not the most practical solution but it should be stable enough to get you through a session.

Leave it to Cliff to make every other company in the world to look bad . . . You think you could make this thing play my guitar for me in the next update???

[B][USER=41965]bilbo71070[/USER][/B] said:
Leave it to Cliff to make every other company in the world to look bad . . . You think you could make this thing play my guitar for me in the next update??? .

yeah, I suggested a new feature on the Nord lead forum. Apparently not a thing you do there.

Last edited:
yeah, I suggested a new feature on the Nord lead forum. Apparenty not a thing you do there.
I enjoy the fact that people here generally have a sense of humor. That starts with Cliff and M@t, but most of the guys who have been around have it as well.

Holy shitballs this is one helluva product!

No luck on unplugging and replugging the USB cable in. I've narrowed it down to only happen when there's >~50% load on the axe-fx and MIDI on a decent interval being sent to the axe-fx. Again, this never happened before updating from 12.09 to this 12.11 on the axe-fx and axe-edit to 1.06 and haven't changed anything on my wiring or computer, but given the above comments that it's a known issue with others on previous versions, I'll just switch back to using a different I/O for the time being. Appreciate the heads up! Has anyone at Fractal narrowed down if this is this an error on the hardware side of the axe-fx or something that can be eventually fixed via firmware?

Uummm...post #56? I’m mean...the man who founded the company and created the products responded to you so not sure how you think anyone on the forum can give a better answer. Just sayin...:oops:

yeah, I suggested a new feature on the Nord lead forum. Apparently not a thing you do there.
No no no. You’ll get any number of messages telling you that it’s not an official Nord forum, you must go to the Nord site and post a suggestion there. But I do love my Nord Stage 3 Compact.

I went to overhaul the Chorus block and realized that it already uses the same basic algorithms as the Flanger block so no overhaul is necessary. What is it about the Chorus block that is not working for you?

It would be cool to have the same relevant controls as the flanger. Min/max delay times, VCO response, Bass Focus, high and low cut order, lfo bypass reset and quantize.

Really? My experience is the complete opposite. You might not get everything you ask for, but you're usually acknowledged and get nice things you never even imagined.
Maybe I misinterpreted your post. I took it as you can't make suggestions here. Most suggestions are at least read and discussed. Even if Fractal doesn't chime in, they read it regularly, and if something gets a lotnof attention they generally consider it and implement what they can. Like you said, maybe not everything you ask for, but a lot of cool unexpected stuff.

Maybe I misinterpreted your post. I took it as you can't make suggestions here. Most suggestions are at least read and discussed. Even if Fractal doesn't chime in, they read it regularly, and if something gets a lotnof attention they generally consider it and implement what they can. Like you said, maybe not everything you ask for, but a lot of cool unexpected stuff.
No worries. It was more of an inside joke. He was talking about making a suggestion on the Nord forum and someone here told him he shouldn’t have made a suggestion there :) Nothing to do with Fractal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom