Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.11

Something is going wrong with this firmware update and the sound driver on mac not working. I'm having to constantly restart the axe-fx to get sound to play through again after the axe-fx seemingly randomly stopping audio playback. It still plays audio put into the physical inputs just fine though. Any idea what's going on or what I need to fix? This hasn't happened prior to updating the axe-fx and axe-edit to the latest versions.

Something is going wrong with this firmware update and the sound driver on mac not working. I'm having to constantly restart the axe-fx to get sound to play through again after the axe-fx seemingly randomly stopping audio playback. It still plays audio put into the physical inputs just fine though. Any idea what's going on or what I need to fix? This hasn't happened prior to updating the axe-fx and axe-edit to the latest versions.
What happens if you just unplug the USB Cable from the Mac and plug it back in ?

@farrrell504 I have the current firmware and AxeEdit on my MacMini, and I have yet to experience the issue you describe. I've had a similar issue on previous iterations, but not yet with 12.11 and AxeEdit 1.06.00. I believe its been discussed as a known issue on the Mac side of things, but it seems some experience these more than others. Best of luck.

There were no changes to the USB as that is handled by a separate processor.

I went to overhaul the Chorus block and realized that it already uses the same basic algorithms as the Flanger block so no overhaul is necessary. What is it about the Chorus block that is not working for you?

Nothing really. But since I read about the overhaul, I thought it might get even better. I can't nail the CE1 vibrato though, and the flanger gets me closer than the CE2, so I hoped that might get me closer

No luck on unplugging and replugging the USB cable in. I've narrowed it down to only happen when there's >~50% load on the axe-fx and MIDI on a decent interval being sent to the axe-fx. Again, this never happened before updating from 12.09 to this 12.11 on the axe-fx and axe-edit to 1.06 and haven't changed anything on my wiring or computer, but given the above comments that it's a known issue with others on previous versions, I'll just switch back to using a different I/O for the time being. Appreciate the heads up! Has anyone at Fractal narrowed down if this is this an error on the hardware side of the axe-fx or something that can be eventually fixed via firmware?

No luck on unplugging and replugging the USB cable in. I've narrowed it down to only happen when there's >~50% load on the axe-fx and MIDI on a decent interval being sent to the axe-fx. Again, this never happened before updating from 12.09 to this 12.11 on the axe-fx and axe-edit to 1.06 and haven't changed anything on my wiring or computer, but given the above comments that it's a known issue with others on previous versions, I'll just switch back to using a different I/O for the time being. Appreciate the heads up! Has anyone at Fractal narrowed down if this is this an error on the hardware side of the axe-fx or something that can be eventually fixed via firmware?
Did you try rolling back FW to make sure you're not having some other issue?

Did you try plugging the USB into different ports?

Back
Top Bottom