Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.10

I feel this dissonant distortion sounds a little bit excessive, now that my ears pick them out easily, I can hear these offending distortions on many not-so-distorted tones, e.g. edge of break up tones...

I am not sure if these are supposed to be this obvious on tube amps... Any suggestion to tweak them away, besides the obvious lowing the gain?
Maybe one of the more adept users might have a suggestion. I'm also interested in increasing or decrease this phenomenon.

Maybe one of the more adept users might have a suggestion. I'm also interested in increasing or decrease this phenomenon.
Try higher gain amp with gain lower. To my ears real low-gain amps increase the phenomenon due to higher transient in the power stage. Smoothing the transient help a lot. Higher gain amp use more (but less clipped) stages on preamp, and feed it into a cleaner poweramp.
Or try advance parameter to smooth the clipping transient as much as you need without affecting too much the attack/high presence... there's a lot of parameters in the axefx... try each of them with the troublesome interval...

I would pay good money to see that😆
He tells you right there in the first post how to make it happen! I double-dog dare you to do it and make it happen! Lol
[/QUOTE]
I'm getting a Candyman feeling from this. Who is the first one who dares to say "Cliff Chase" three times in the mirror and flick their lights? :eek:;)

I don't have one to crank up right now, but I am not entirely sure about that....

Seriously? that's one of my favorite internals, and it's just a minor 3rd on the top....
So you really DO HAVE the music in you? ;)

In all seriousness, the dissonance you're hearing is totally normal, and certain amps have this to a higher extent. The Fender Deluxe Tweed is susceptible to something called blocking distortion which makes it worse IMHO.

I think that the reason you hear it more on the Axe compared to a real amp, is not because there is more of it in the Axe amp models. It's probably because that you hear the high mids and highs much clearer through a set of studio monitors, than when you trying to listen to an amp trough the back of your knees.

Yeah I used to hear that kinda thing all the time with real amps, back when I used to use 'em

Even wanted to use the phenomenon as an effect for a song but could never quite fit it in....

I will also personally take a trip to your house and ridicule you from your front lawn with a bullhorn.

I think that Cliff should threaten them with coming as repo man, because it make no sense, that someone owns such a complex machine, if he is not able to follow simple instructions.

Hexaphonic pickup with a separate AxeFx for each string will solve this “problem” :)

I second that motion

It i not sy-fy. This breakout cable would do.

The only thing we need is convince Cliff to allow 6 mono AMP block instances inside the Axe-FX III :cool:

https://www.separate-strings.co.uk/breakout cables and more.html
wpa0ce33e5_01_06.jpg

I feel this dissonant distortion sounds a little bit excessive, now that my ears pick them out easily, I can hear these offending distortions on many not-so-distorted tones, e.g. edge of break up tones...

I am not sure if these are supposed to be this obvious on tube amps... Any suggestion to tweak them away, besides the obvious lowing the gain?
Well you have two options:
  • Live with it.
  • Use a different product.

If you think I'm going to change the modeling that is considered the world's best for one person you're nuts.

I tested this with 12.09 and I hear the same heavy crossover distortion... Weirdly, it only happens when playing low E open string and high E string at 3rd fret together... Playing high E string by itself or with any other (string, fret) sounds fine...

I have no idea why I didn't notice this before, here is a short recording of it, please tell me you guys hear what I am hearing. The following recording uses the scene 2 of the preset above with Plexi 50 Jump:

It may have more to do with the inconsistency in note inaccuracy from fret to fret on guitars. Tune your high E, then the 3rd fret and see what the tuner tells you. Compensated nut may help.

It may have more to do with the inconsistency in note inaccuracy from fret to fret on guitars. Tune your high E, then the 3rd fret and see what the tuner tells you. Compensated nut may help.
I was thinking that the high G sounded slightly flat. But regardless, there are plenty of other amps that do edge-of-breakup without excessive crossover distortion.

There is also a lot of background buzz in that recording, and this may contribute to your sense of there being 'excess distortion'.

He tells you right there in the first post how to make it happen! I double-dog dare you to do it and make it happen! Lol
I'm getting a Candyman feeling from this. Who is the first one who dares to say "Cliff Chase" three times in the mirror and flick their lights? :eek:;)
[/QUOTE]
Awesome idea, but it didn't work. At least not for me. Maybe I need to practice saying it and get the timing on flicking the lights a little better and hang out here a little less? Do you need to enunciate the phrase perfectly? Nakto torena necktie?

Well you have two options:
  • Live with it.
  • Use a different product.

If you think I'm going to change the modeling that is considered the world's best for one person you're nuts.

I realise it's your forum and your rules, but do you really have to respond to people in that manner? There are a number of ways of saying things far more constructively. All it does is really make me want to walk away from a company like that, regardless of how good a product is

What about a 7 or more stringed guitar....
:p
So an AxeFX 21 + all crammed into a 1 rack space and no fan, but big screen that I can shut off when my eyes hurt.
Then I'd like the option to do the 4 cable method for all that, just in case but xlr and all other I/O still fit into one rack space ...
Axe Edit 21, how many blocks, I want it all work on an iPad 2?
This post is sent in humor and not meant to upset anyone.

Back
Top Bottom