Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.10

Can someone explain to my stupid ass what this function means for us? I'd like to join in the excitement.
Previously, when you didn't have a pedal present that was attached to an external controller, the hardware would default to a selectable value of 0 or 100% for that external. That's handy for something like a controller attached a wah. If you forget your wah pedal, you set it to default to 0% and none of your wah blocks auto-on when you call up the preset. For a volume pedal, defaulting to 100% means the VOL block is at 10 if you happen to forget the pedal.

Now you can choose any value between 0 and 100 -- handy for things that aren't so binary in their existence. Or, maybe you use a VOL block as a cut and a boost, so now you can have the default value when you forget to attach a pedal be the 70% or whatever you deem to be "unity gain" on that block.

It's just more flexible.

Previously, when you didn't have a pedal present that was attached to an external controller, the hardware would default to a selectable value of 0 or 100% for that external. That's handy for something like a controller attached a wah. If you forget your wah pedal, you set it to default to 0% and none of your wah blocks auto-on when you call up the preset. For a volume pedal, defaulting to 100% means the VOL block is at 10 if you happen to forget the pedal.

Now you can choose any value between 0 and 100 -- handy for things that aren't so binary in their existence. Or, maybe you use a VOL block as a cut and a boost, so now you can have the default value when you forget to attach a pedal be the 70% or whatever you deem to be "unity gain" on that block.

It's just more flexible.

I'm guessing not, but what if you use an external controller for just one channel of a block? When switching to another channel will it use this new default value when the controller is not in use for that channel?

@FractalAudio I found a small bug, whenever I load a preset with a flanger block its rate parameter is synced to LFO1 despite it was saved with a different value and the knob position still shows the original value, I have to move the knob to fix it but even if I re-save the preset the issue is still there when switching presets.

EDIT: actually it reverts back to "LFO1 SYNC" even after a scene change

+1 for on this. Seems to be a bug??

I'm guessing not, but what if you use an external controller for just one channel of a block? When switching to another channel will it use this new default value when the controller is not in use for that channel?
Nope. It won't use it. If you don't have it attached, it's not used.

www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/12p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_12p10.zip

NOTE: This firmware is NOT compatible with Axe-Edit versions prior to 1.06.00. You MUST install 1.06.00 or later BEFORE using Axe-Edit with this firmware.

If you make a post about Axe-Edit not working when using this firmware and you haven't installed 1.06.00 or later your post will be removed because you don't deserve an answer if you can't be bothered to read the above paragraph which is also duplicated in the release notes. I will also personally take a trip to your house and ridicule you from your front lawn with a bullhorn.

Cliff Why can’t you just stop being such a sick ass fool!! It’s actually making me look bad! Btw my GF wants your number......SMH...😱

It'll act like you do have a pedal plugged in that's set to whatever value you set. So if you set it to 70%, it'll act like a pedal 70% forward on the channel you control, and on the channels you aren't controlling... well it wouldn't be controlled by a real pedal at 70% either. It's saying "If I don't plug in a pedal, pretend it's set to X"

''' ... Fixed Amp block crackling in rare cases. ..."

Lol, in every patch :)

Thank you, that $#!^ was a cock blocker. Every time I would get into a groove ... POP!

I used to do that, but one day I looked at my folder and figured there is no way I'll ever go back that far, so I started deleting the really old ones on a regular basis. I still keep a few recent versions around in case there are any issues, but issues with Fractal are few and usually not huge, so even that is a bit OCD.
I imagine every now and then it's cool to install 1.0 just to see how far we've come.

@FractalAudio After updating, I found something really wierd, I was playing Metallica's "Nothing really matters", and the beginning of the verse sounds way off, e.g. try the following: Play open low E string and the high E string at 3rd fret, and let them both ring out.

It would sounds very off, like out-of-tune kind of distortion when the amp is dirty (but sounds ok when clean), it's most obvious on "Deluxe Tweed", also obvious on "Plexi 50W Jump" etc. I used the same app/settings before and after the update, and I don't remember hearing this out-of-tune weirdness before the update.

The issue is playing the single high E string at 3rd fret is fine, playing it with other strings seems fine, but together with open low E string, it sounds terrible...

Anyone else notice similar things, it makes me question my sanity...

(I play a single coil Tele FWIT. And see preset in attachment, it defaults to scene 4, where it has the Tweed amp drive "maxed", I normally rolled down volume knob quite a bit to play edge of breakup)

Attachments

• 509_Drive.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I used the same amp settings before and after the update, but I don't remember hearing these offending frequencies across multiple amps before the update... Is it possible the update introduced some regression?

Back
Top Bottom