Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.10

Can someone explain to my stupid ass what this function means for us? I'd like to join in the excitement.
You can map Pedals on the Axe or FC or other things to the External controller slots. And those external controller slots had a default value of 0% of 100%, which is what the External 1-9 would default to if the pedal it was mapped to wasn't actually connected. (so, if you mapped it to a volume block and didn't have your pedal plugged in, you could set it to default at 100%(toe down) so your volume would be full if your pedal wasn't plugged in. As opposed to it defaulting to 0% (heel down, no volume) if your expression pedal wasn't connected).

There was an ask to let you set it from 0 to 100 and anywhere in between instead of just "full" or "none". One example was someone who liked leading their volume pedal around 80% so they could step on it for a solo boost, but were annoyed that if their pedal wasn't connected they were stuck in solo boost mode. Another example might be a pedal which controls delay feedback defaulting to 20% so if the pedal isn't connected you get a "reasonable" level of delay instead of none at all or your max value.

Another I just thought of is you could set it around half way and hook it up to your wah block. You could have a speed based auto engage and a separate switch to manually bypass it. Then if you have an expression pedal hooked up you can use it like a wah, but if you don't but you hit the bypass button to engage the wah block it'll be in a cocked wah setting for a solo sound. Lets you have both without needing to reconfigure. Note: I haven't tested if the movement based engage does or doesn't get triggered by the initial value.

Last edited:
You can map Pedals on the Axe or FC or other things to the External controller slots. And those external controller slots had a default value of 0% of 100%, which is what the External 1-9 would default to if the pedal it was mapped to wasn't actually connected. (so, if you mapped it to a volume block and didn't have your pedal plugged in, you could set it to default at 100%(toe down) so your volume would be full if your pedal wasn't plugged in. As opposed to it defaulting to 0% (heel down, no volume) if your expression pedal wasn't connected).

There was an ask to let you set it from 0 to 100 and anywhere in between instead of just "full" or "none". One example was someone who liked leading their volume pedal around 80% so they could step on it for a solo boost, but were annoyed that if their pedal wasn't connected they were stuck in solo boost mode. Another example might be a pedal which controls delay feedback defaulting to 20% so if the pedal isn't connected you get a "reasonable" level of delay instead of none at all or your max value.

I appreciate the detailed explanation.

Back
Top Bottom