Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.10

Complexity has nothing to do with with it. There are a lot of 3 and 4 chord simple songs that have more depth than the typical "Let's get drunk and screw" subject matter that most people want to hear and will pay money for. Nickleback is just another flavor of well-produced bubblegum. Catchy and fun, but I have better things to do, and that is the main reason a lot of us make fun of them. Sure, some are jealous. Me? I'd rather have one person hear a song I wrote and have them open their mind to a new idea than sell a million copies of drivel. Money isn't everything.

For many, bubblegum and catchy fun drivel is exactly what they want. Music doesn't have to be some transcendent mind altering experience. Depth is not a requirement unless you want it to be. Sometimes people just want to blow off some steam or shake their asses or wallow in their own misery or have background noise to rub their sticky parts together to. Everyone wants different things from their music. None is really more valid than any other except to a particular listener. Takes all kinds.

For many, bubblegum and catchy fun drivel is exactly what they want. Music doesn't have to be some transcendent mind altering experience. Depth is not a requirement unless you want it to be. Sometimes people just want to blow off some steam or shake their asses or wallow in their own misery or have background noise to rub their sticky parts together to. Everyone wants different things from their music. None is really more valid than any other except to a particular listener. Takes all kinds.
I acknowledged that is what most people want, and even I enjoy that now and then. Just prefer something more interesting and inspiring about 75% of the time. Even Van Halen is pretty mindless, but has some great tone and riffing. Kind of outgrew that before Nickleback even formed, so never really got into them. Not to imply they don't sound great playing technically decent bubblegum.

Years ago, when Nirvana was just getting big, and older guy that was my neighbor was venting about how they were bubblegum and CCR was real music. I told him they were pretty much bubble gum of their day. He thought about it for a minute and agreed. It's fun to chew bubblegum, but too much of it and your teeth rot.

This will be great for my #4 controller pedal....
Finally getting around to modifying patches for this.

I set FC1 Pedal #4 to External 4 globally, then adjust the presets to use External 4 instead of FC1 Pedal #4, and, finally, set the External 4 initial value to 50%, and no matter where the pedal is, when I switch to a new preset, it uses 50% as an initial value. :)

This is a HUGE help in dealing with what that particular pedal is being used for.... :)

Point%20Blur_Jul032020_001817.jpg

Back
Top Bottom