Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.09

Really? Surprised about that. I’ve always thought they were highly regarded for factory presets.
They definitely are now!
When I got the AX8, I thought the factory presets were ok - there was a couple that matched up with what I wanted to hear. When I got the III, thought the same thing - although there were more that I liked. Then when the new updated presets came out I found that one after another, they were something I really liked and would use. The AC20 Deluxe, with some tweaks to effects and set up, has become my main preset for country and rock stuff, but there are like at least 12 others that are on deck to be worked on, and that's not even having gone through all of the ones available. I was very happily surprised when I started going through the newest ones.

I've had issues with a lot of presets previously (too bright, not dynamically responsive enough, etc.) that I brought up in this forum, only to be told that "that's what the amp sounds like." Yet we keep getting improvements that make it so that it sounds and feels more like the amps to me.

Or maybe it's just that it sounds LESS like the amps now, but we prefer it. Either way, keep the improvements coming, please.

This is minor, but one thing I immediately noticed about the III when I began using it as my primary audio interface, was that if I forgot to turn off my speakers (pairs of Focal monitors and a QSC K12s), I could shut off the unit silently without diligently powering down the Focals and K12s. As a result I got very comfortable leaving these speakers in standby/always-on mode. Since I upgraded to 12.09, I get the "you forgot to turn off your speakers" thump. This isn't preset-specific. Did something change with how the outputs are processed?

Since I upgraded to 12.09, I get the "you forgot to turn off your speakers" thump. This isn't preset-specific. Did something change with how the outputs are processed?
I always power off my III while the speakers are still on and don't have that thump with 12.09 so it might be something on your end.
I'm in the "leave the speakers on all the time" camp as well as I use the III as my PC audio interface and have it on a power strip along with the PC and speakers. After shutting down my PC I simply power down the Axe and then turn off the power strip, never had any issues with it thus far.

I always power off my III while the speakers are still on and don't have that thump with 12.09 so it might be something on your end.
I'm in the "leave the speakers on all the time" camp as well as I use the III as my PC audio interface and have it on a power strip along with the PC and speakers. After shutting down my PC I simply power down the Axe and then turn off the power strip, never had any issues with it thus far.
Thanks - Glad to hear you're having better luck. Like I said, it's a minor annoyance. I'll mess with my cables or something.

This is minor, but one thing I immediately noticed about the III when I began using it as my primary audio interface, was that if I forgot to turn off my speakers (pairs of Focal monitors and a QSC K12s), I could shut off the unit silently without diligently powering down the Focals and K12s. As a result I got very comfortable leaving these speakers in standby/always-on mode. Since I upgraded to 12.09, I get the "you forgot to turn off your speakers" thump. This isn't preset-specific. Did something change with how the outputs are processed?
I, as well, do not have a pop shutting down my AXE III, whether through powered speakers, my guitar rig or connected to the PA, it they are on.

when you update to 12.09 don't it automatically update the preset banks? if not how do you do that?
Firmware does not contain presets.

Factory presets are rarely updated. When they are you can download them and then import with FractalBot or FM3-EDIT.

Back
Top Bottom