Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.09

I completely agree. I told him to keep it for that same reason and told him to sell his Archon instead. Going from the SLO to the Archon was just sad. The SLO was so open and alive sounding (had the master around 5-6 in the room through a 4x12...I peed a little), and the Archon has this weird midrange honk that is impossible to get rid of and sounds like Ray Romano screaming at you...we turned that amp off pretty quickly.
I think Cliff bought an Archon but put it in storage and never modeled it.....he must have found it lack-luster too.

All new amps get overhyped. One day it's the Archon which then fades into obscurity. The next day it's Bogner's latest amp named after an Egyptian/Roman/Norse/Himalayan god. Then it's the Death Reaper Satanic Neutron Blaster that is "so tight and brootal". And then everyone is back to the classics.

Right now it's the Revv Generator. In a month people will be bored with it.
Kinda like axe fx firmwares :p

To be fair, not many amps would be able to stand next to an SLO without their tail between their legs. The Archon is definitely its own thing, but if you're itching for that tone, try the 5153 Red model and set the input EQ to 650Hz and boost it 3-4dB and you'll get the gist. I still think the PVH 6160 Block and the FAS Skull Crusher are better for that kind of tone.
+1. 600-800 Hz input boost can pump up a lot of amps.

All new amps get overhyped. One day it's the Archon which then fades into obscurity. The next day it's Bogner's latest amp named after an Egyptian/Roman/Norse/Himalayan god. Then it's the Death Reaper Satanic Neutron Blaster that is "so tight and brootal". And then everyone is back to the classics.

Right now it's the Revv Generator. In a month people will be bored with it.

I work in a music shop. I can definitely confirm this. After a while people always come back to Marshall, Fender and Vox. And we're not a dealer, but I hear a lot of Kempers are being sold a lot right now.

then repeat for banks b and c. if your presets are stored in bank D they won’t be over written. if you changed the factory presets, this operation will overwrite them.

i could have sworn @chris had a video on this procedure, but am not seeing it
I am not very familiar with bank A ~ D.
I haven’t changed factory presets, but I have my important preset at 409.
How do I know if 409 is sitting in D?

I am not very familiar with bank A ~ D.
I haven’t changed factory presets, but I have my important preset at 409.
How do I know if 409 is sitting in D?
Don't sweat it. Just back up your preset. Then got can load it back in whenever you want.

I work in a music shop. I can definitely confirm this. After a while people always come back to Marshall, Fender and Vox. And we're not a dealer, but I hear a lot of Kempers are being sold a lot right now.

I remember when there was hype around Krank (I think Dethklok was a big part of that) and then they just sort of imploded. I didn't think they were all that impressive.

Thanks for update, good surprise this morning after just getting back from a 5 day vacation. Can't wait to go electric later this afternoon. Wow, just noticed for the FM3 also!

Last edited:
"Silky" is definitely the word to describe this FW.

You're making me doubt my own perception with this video, I thought I heard a much bigger difference on the high end when playing with the new firmware but in your comparison it's really subtle.
So was it placebo or is it youtube's compression masking details?

Last edited:
Anyone else getting an error viewing this video. Never had an issue with Leon's vids before so i'm not sure if its just me. PS I'm calling from Canada.

I get errors when attempting to browse in Safari and clicking on people's attached videos and songs, and I then use Chrome and it works.

You're making my doubt my own perception with this video, I thought I heard a much bigger difference on the high end when playing with the new firmware but in your comparison it's really subtle.
So was it placebo or is it youtube's compression masking details?

I had the same thought. In person, it's noticeably different and more pleasing. In Leon's video, it was just a smidgen of difference.

Anyone else getting an error viewing this video. Never had an issue with Leon's vids before so i'm not sure if its just me. PS I'm calling from Canada.
Tap on the Title of the Video and it’ll open up the YouTube link...

Back
Top Bottom