Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.09

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Improved power tube modeling yields smoother overdrive especially for semi-clean and edge-of-distortion tones.

Increased Amp block B+ monitor range as Variac settings can cause B+ voltage to fluctuate beyond visible limits.

Added 6CA7 power tube type. While the 6CA7 is generally regarded as a substitute for the EL34 it is actually a different tube with the 6CA7 being a beam tetrode. This particular tube type is modeled after the original Sylvania “Fat Bottle” 6CA7.

Increased tuner sensitivity.

Fixed clicking when changing MUTE/SOLO switches in Cabinet block while playing.

Fixed click/pop in Pitch block when going from negative (or no) shift to positive shift.

Fixed Pitch block Custom Scale number not displaying correctly.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Improved power tube modeling yields smoother overdrive especially for semi-clean and edge-of-distortion tones.

Increased Amp block B+ monitor range as Variac settings can cause B+ voltage to fluctuate beyond visible limits.

Added 6CA7 power tube type. While the 6CA7 is generally regarded as a substitute for the EL34 it is actually a different tube

Cliff, are there models in the III where the manufacturer used 6CA7, and previously were created in the using EL34 modeling, that will now sound more authentic?

Thanks

Thanks Cliff. I know it's been said many times, but your dedication to improving the Ax III and responding to the needs of users is exceptional. I have never seen a music equipment manufacturer ever get even close to this level of support.

Will there be any update to Axe Edit III related to this new release? If not, I'm taking a work break to load up some new FW!

Also, I can't help asking this: you mentioned in another recent thread on 12.08 that you "figured something out". Does this FW update include that? :)

I get weirdly excited every time there’s a new firmware update. I’ve been reading a lot about the 6CA7, so I’m dying to check that out. Also, thanks for the tuner upgrade. I already loved it, but I have a feeling this is going to be really helpful with guitar intonation. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom