Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08

Status
Not open for further replies.
[12.08 BUG?]
@Admin M@ [EDIT] or should it be @FractalAudio?
Hi, I've experienced this freeze / signal drop out three times by now.
First one two days ago at home with windows10 laptop usb-connect and twice this morning (*) during rehearsal, without laptop but with me and the bass player at in-/output 4L both on the AxeFX.
Me: at rehearsal = wireless into back input 1 and at home = TS-cable into front input 1.
I have a FC12 'FASlinked' to the AF-III and two Mission SP-1 pedals connencted to the FC12.

Each time the freeze happens the moment I select scene 3. Only with a restart the freeze can be resolved.
I have had all four beta's installed and never encountered this issue before with those nor with previous FW-versions.
Attached are the global settings and my home made preset.
Hope this is enough for you to find out what's going on 'cause I don't want to roll back to 12.07: 12.08 is too good for that 👍.

(*) yeah, I know: saturday morning rehearsal is not really rock 'n' roll … but it's a convenient time for us ;)
@FractalAudio : reposted before this goes unnoticed
… sorry, do not mean to nag but had a freeze again today in a new preset I was just setting up.
(recreating Andy Wood's Woodshed episode 3 basic tone preset: very educational)

Well just a little while ago I was performing a show, a solo act with tracks, using bandhelper for the tracks and to send midi program changes for presets and scenes. In one instance all I head from the AxeIII was some sort of high pitched whine ( it was a little under the track in volume)
I shut it down, turned it back on and finished the show.

First time this has ever happened to me. Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08

Using the Preset +1 or Preset -1 in the Scenes setting on an FC-12 or the rotary dial on the front of the AXEIII to move OUT of preset patch 383 to either 382 or 384 I get this sonar ping. Happens even with the guitar volume turned down. Here is a link to the sound

Edit: added the patches. The numbers are off because I had added a patch in #1 once. The patch that was in 385 was one that I bought. I replaced it with one of the default patches and it took care of the problem moving up but I still get it moving from 383 to 382.

Cannot reproduce. Not sure why you would be going from a bypass preset to an amp matching template in the middle of a performance anways.

Hi,
I also experienced a loud continuous beep in 12.08 that only went away after rebooting. Just happened once, never happened before with that or any other preset. Due to 3rd party IRs I'll post the preset without the IRs
Thank you for your effort!
Chris

addendum:
Axefx was connected to a win7 machine with cubase10.5 sending ccs and program changes.

Attachments

• the_beepy_one.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I saw this the other day but it was because I had the Word clock NOT set to internal after I disconnected from my Scarlett interface. Not sure if that would help or not but it was the exact behavior I was seeing and was resolved when I changed the Word clock.

I have this too, but only with some guitars. The tuner works perfectly with most of my guitars, but I have two guitars with longer scales. Only with these guitars the tuner jumps as in your video or doesn't react at all (coincidence or scale dependent?), but only on the "b" and "high e" string. It's a bit better with the neck pickup than with the bridge pickup and also better when I pick very lightly. I have this since a few firmware revisions and it doesn't happen with other tuners (Korg Pitchblack and Peterson Strobostomp).

Yes, it tends to be worst with the bridge pickup.

The guitar that is more problematic is a Fender American Deluxe with a Seymour Duncan SSL-5. Standard scale

I have reverted temporarily to FW11 and it is not happening. The tuner is perfectly accurate. Something has been messed up with the latest firmware revisions.

I saw this the other day but it was because I had the Word clock NOT set to internal after I disconnected from my Scarlett interface. Not sure if that would help or not but it was the exact behavior I was seeing and was resolved when I changed the Word clock.
I have verified Word Clock. It is set to Internal

Hello, FYI, high pitch noise suddenly occuring during playing . Had to reboot the unit.

I've had the same thing happen to me twice, most recently about 5 min ago. The my Axe FX becomes unresponsive and I get what sounds like a very loud roughly 1kHz square wave coming out of the unit instead of my guitar. Reboot required to get it working again.

Glad this is happening to someone else, was worried my recently out of warranty unit was doomed. :)

Cannot reproduce. Not sure why you would be going from a bypass preset to an amp matching template in the middle of a performance anways.
Thanks for checking! I have a section in my show where do I some amp matching performance art! ;) Actually,I have a number of patches that I bought starting at 384 and was clicking through them with the foot switch and went too far and hit the ByPass patch and heard the sound and then looking it not it more. Given some of the other posts about random noises figured it may be helpful in tracking it down.

Finally downloaded 12.08 release vers. I know I said I was "going to beta land" but I saw some of the posts about issues and got spooked. Anyway, I finally did it on Friday. I ran through all my gig presets and everything works fine and sounds killer. I also ran through all my other austin buddy presets and others that I keep in my Bank A presets which are the ones I use for gigs/recording and just having fun. They all work fine and sound great. I am running the Ax III into a Mission Gemini II in stereo for home studio use.

Random tuner problem

Since the upgrade, very frequently the tuner is either not responsive or displaying random notes and not following the pitch at all.

I watched a Misha Mansoor Axe FXIII video called "Dialing in some tones on the Axe FXIII" last night and at 10:12 he has the same problem with the tuner as you were having. At 12:10 he figures out why. His tuner offsets were turned on in his settings and that was what caused the tuner problems. Make sure your tuner offsets are turned off in the settings.

I watched a Misha Mansoor Axe FXIII video called "Dialing in some tones on the Axe FXIII" last night and at 10:12 he has the same problem with the tuner as you were having. At 12:10 he figures out why. His tuner offsets were turned on in his settings and that was what caused the tuner problems. Make sure your tuner offsets are turned off in the settings.

Thank you for noting that. All my tuner settings are default.

That's not the same problem. Misha just had downtune set to -4 semitones.

In Piing's video the tuner is displaying G and occasionally Ab or A with string number "6" which would normally be below the normal low E pitch, while the highest strings are played. The recording is pretty noisy so I don't know if that's part of the problem.

That's not the same problem. Misha just had downtune set to -4 semitones.

In Piing's video the tuner is displaying G and occasionally Ab or A with string number "6" which would normally be below the normal low E pitch, while the highest strings are played. The recording is pretty noisy so I don't know if that's part of the problem.
That is ambient noise captured at the camera. My guitar signal is clear. I've tried different high-quality cables

The tuner in 12.08 seems to be working fine for me so far with my Stratocaster. The tuner's behavior in Pling's video was really off. Has anyone figured out why yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom