Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian, you may be referring to several of my posts in a couple of different threads. I'll clarify my history here, to the extent that it's helpful.

I had previously moved to Beta 3 and, while using a scene that included amp and cab blocks inherited from an AB preset, the signal would cut out intermittently, although not necessarily entirely. Others using straight AB presets appeared to run into similar issues with Beta 3. I rolled back to 12.07, created a new preset using a current amp block of the same variety (JTM45) to see if I would continue to run into any issues. After doing this, I didn't notice any further audio intermittent drops. I suggested to others that they should replace the amp blocks in the presets with which they were having issues with current amp blocks. Not sure how that worked out for others and, I ultimately don't know whether it was rolling back to 12.07 or changing to a current amp block that resulted in the apparent resolution for me.

Then, not being able to help myself, I fell for the siren song of Beta 4. Shortly after installing the 4 firmware, and using the new scene that I described in the preceding paragraph, I experienced a complete signal drop out - with only a low level sine wave being output from the Axe. This appears to align with what you and GM Arts (and others) may have experienced in Beta 4. Long story short, I'm not convinced that the issues that I experienced in Beta 3 and Beta 4 are identical - but that's not to say that they are entirely unrelated. It appears that there may be remnants of the latter remaining in the current 12.08 release. As requested, I would suggest that anyone experiencing this issue post their presets here for further analysis.

[12.08 BUG?]
@Admin M@ [EDIT] or should it be @FractalAudio?
Hi, I've experienced this freeze / signal drop out three times by now.
First one two days ago at home with windows10 laptop usb-connect and twice this morning (*) during rehearsal, without laptop but with me and the bass player at in-/output 4L both on the AxeFX.
Me: at rehearsal = wireless into back input 1 and at home = TS-cable into front input 1.
I have a FC12 'FASlinked' to the AF-III and two Mission SP-1 pedals connencted to the FC12.

Each time the freeze happens the moment I select scene 3. Only with a restart the freeze can be resolved.
I have had all four beta's installed and never encountered this issue before with those nor with previous FW-versions.
Attached are the global settings and my home made preset.
Hope this is enough for you to find out what's going on 'cause I don't want to roll back to 12.07: 12.08 is too good for that 👍.

(*) yeah, I know: saturday morning rehearsal is not really rock 'n' roll … but it's a convenient time for us ;)

Attachments

• 200606-140924-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 0
  • ReaperRig+Berend.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hi @Admin M@
Just want to confirm this has also happened to me when changing a scene with a midi foot controller while connected to Axe Edit. Sorry I don't have more info or a repeatable procedure but I wanted you to know this isn't an isolated case.
With mine, the unit freezes, and a bunch of LEDs went on - can't recall if it was all the input and output eds or just some because I shit myself and turned the unit off. Hasn't happened since.
Thanks
Pauly

I don't know if this is a bug or not but I don't recall ever experiencing it before.

I was messing around with the Dizzy Blue 3 model (I haven't used it in a long time).

Changing the BMT knobs in Axe-Edit by typing in values (for example changing Bass from 5 to 3) resulted in thumping/popping.

I'll experiment more today and post results.

I don't know if this is a bug or not but I don't recall ever experiencing it before.

I was messing around with the Dizzy Blue 3 model (I haven't used it in a long time).

Changing the BMT knobs in Axe-Edit by typing in values (for example changing Bass from 5 to 3) resulted in thumping/popping.

I'll experiment more today and post results.

That has been that way for quite awhile. I do believe it is normal.

Hi All, there was some good tips/discussion of how to use the new pitch block in the previous beta thread. Can someone please direct to how to find that? Thanks

Pitch Block Bug - Custom Shifter model.

When a preset is loaded with a Pitch block using the Custom Shifter model, the 'Scale 1' and 'Scale 2' parameters are not displaying the correct number. They are off by one, as if they are scaled at 0-31 instead of 1-32? The correct, saved Scale number is being used, just the number displayed is wrong. It is the same way on the editor and the hardware.

If you switch to another channel, the display corrects itself, editor and the hardware. If you reset them and re-save the preset, they revert back to the wrong displayed value when loaded.

Can someone please confirm?

I'm not hearing a pop, and the change in amplitude seems normal.
If click like this happens during the show, It would be serious problem for my soundman. I'm playing more than 10 years on Axes, and I'm pretty sure - it is a bug.
Update - I can fix the problem in every particular preset there the click appears. In one case (on the screenshot) I sat the "bypass mode"of both amp blocks to "mute". In another preset I deleted second Cab block, only this helped. All the presets worked good before.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2020-06-07 в 10.55.24.png
    Снимок экрана 2020-06-07 в 10.55.24.png
    179 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Pitch Block Bug - Custom Shifter model.

When a preset is loaded with a Pitch block using the Custom Shifter model, the 'Scale 1' and 'Scale 2' parameters are not displaying the correct number. They are off by one, as if they are scaled at 0-31 instead of 1-32? The correct, saved Scale number is being used, just the number displayed is wrong. It is the same way on the editor and the hardware.

If you switch to another channel, the display corrects itself, editor and the hardware. If you reset them and re-save the preset, they revert back to the wrong displayed value when loaded.

Can someone please confirm?

yup, i noticed this the other day. moving the scale knob in axe edit changes the minimum value from 1 to zero

[BUG?] Random tuner problem

Since the upgrade, very frequently the tuner is either not responsive or displaying random notes and not following the pitch at all.

I have to restart the Axe-FX, sometimes 2 or 3 times, until it works properly. Sometimes it doesn't work at all after many restarts

There is also the case that it doesn't work when switching on and, after a while, it is working properly without rebooting. But now I have it ON for more than one hour and it is still not working

I have recorded a video

All tuner configurations are default. Mute is off, so you can hear the guitar through the Axe-FX

At that video it is irresponsive to all strings, but sometimes it works with strings 4-5-6 but not with 1-2-3. Or 3-4-5-6 OK but not responding to 1-2-3

p.s.: different cables, different guitars = same result. You can hear the clear notes through the Axe-FX anyway, so it doesn't look like an external problem

Only me?

Holyoli, not certain if it is the same noise you are hearing but I've been getting a noise when switching presets or scenes. It's almost like trails of delay and/or reverb but distorted/modulated. Has been happening since I updated to 12.08

I have this too, but only with some guitars. The tuner works perfectly with most of my guitars, but I have two guitars with longer scales. Only with these guitars the tuner jumps as in your video or doesn't react at all (coincidence or scale dependent?), but only on the "b" and "high e" string. It's a bit better with the neck pickup than with the bridge pickup and also better when I pick very lightly. I have this since a few firmware revisions and it doesn't happen with other tuners (Korg Pitchblack and Peterson Strobostomp).

Last edited:
Using the Preset +1 or Preset -1 in the Scenes setting on an FC-12 or the rotary dial on the front of the AXEIII to move OUT of preset patch 383 to either 382 or 384 I get this sonar ping. Happens even with the guitar volume turned down. Here is a link to the sound

Edit: added the patches. The numbers are off because I had added a patch in #1 once. The patch that was in 385 was one that I bought. I replaced it with one of the default patches and it took care of the problem moving up but I still get it moving from 383 to 382.

Attachments

• Patches.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
If click like this happens during the show, It would be serious problem for my soundman. I'm playing more than 10 years on Axes, and I'm pretty sure - it is a bug.
Update - I can fix the problem in every particular preset there the click appears. In one case (on the screenshot) I sat the "bypass mode"of both amp blocks to "mute". In another preset I deleted second Cab block, only this helped. All the presets worked good before.
Whenever two amp blocks are in parallel you should set the Bypass Mode to Mute.

Using the Preset +1 or Preset -1 in the Scenes setting on an FC-12 or the rotary dial on the front of the AXEIII to move OUT of preset patch 383 to either 382 or 384 I get this sonar ping. Happens even with the guitar volume turned down. Here is a link to the sound

You need to post the presets. Factory presets only go to 383 so I'm assuming you have your own preset in at least one of those locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom