Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were some backhanded swipes at us over at another forum accusing us of "modeling-engine-as-marketecture". Because, you know, we go around all day making up new names for our modeling technology and trumpeting it all over the interwebz... :rolleyes:

Lol! other companies force their users to buy new hardware when significant modeling changes are made. You giving them to us throws a wrench in the current marketing system :oops:

Seriously, sometimes refactoring software and/or hardware architecture can be a significant improvement in usability, maintainability, portability, scalability, efficiency, cost, etc. It's okay to market these but of course there has to be meat (real benefits) in there.

I think all would agree, each FAS architecture change also comes with significant block-level improvements in succession. Plus innovation is fun...

Lol! other companies force their users to buy new hardware when significant modeling changes are made. You giving them to us throws a wrench in the current marketing system :oops:

That other company's previous generation product had a glaring hardware level input error that affected some models, but given that the company didn't read or participate in their own forums, instead elevating hardcore users to moderator positions ended up creating a massive clusterfuck of a cultish banana republic.
Even bringing up the flaws in the product would get you banned. It was a horrible experience that continues on most forums now where so-called experts default to snarky ad-hominem and carry clusters of followers for back up in case someone gets too uppity.
Thankfully this forum stays on topic except for these firmware threads.
Which to get back to topic, the current firmware is very awesome!

Seriously, sometimes refactoring software and/or hardware architecture can be a significant improvement in usability, maintainability, portability, scalability, efficiency, cost, etc. It's okay to market these but of course there has to be meat (real benefits) in there.

I think all would agree, each FAS architecture change also comes with significant block-level improvements in succession. Plus innovation is fun...
I have said this before, but it warrants repeating.

The world repeatedly inspires the thought "it can't get any worse" and repeatedly proves you wrong for thinking that.

Fractal firmware updates repeatedly inspire the thought "it can't get any better than this" and repeatedly prove you wrong for thinking that.

They're like the universe, through a mirror, darkly....

I don't know what their beef is. (Well I do, but this isn't the psychology forum is it :))
If you invent something scrumptious, you should be allowed to name it whatever you want!

Thanks
Pauly

I've mostly stopped reading the news and that forum and am much happier for it.

Anything to do with a Mesa Mark I ?
I was going to comment something similar lol!

But he clarified

Would be cool if Carlos had Cliff model his famous Snake Skin Mark I.

However, I don’t doubt it could be achieved with 1 or 2 of the proper USA Models!

I have my own custom patches for certain classic Santana era tones!

I had a freeze today on v12.08 at rehearsal with a high-pitched whistle. I seem to remember this was reported during the betas at some stage.

I think I was changing a scene and sending block bypass messages via MIDI at the time. Turning the front panel volume down made no difference. I was using a patch that had been saved under v12.08.

Hope this info helps find the cause.

I had a freeze today on v12.08 at rehearsal with a high-pitched whistle. I seem to remember this was reported during the betas at some stage.

I think I was changing a scene and sending block bypass messages via MIDI at the time. Turning the front panel volume down made no difference. I was using a patch that had been saved under v12.08.

Hope this info helps find the cause.
Can you post the patch?

I've attached my backup of Bank C and global settings, although the preset contains user IRs as well. It's called "Strat EJ" and roughly around preset 305.

I'm off to bed now in the land down under, but I can confirm/check more tomorrow morning if necessary. At an extremely rough guess, I'd say the frequency of the whistle was around 1KHz.

cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom