Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08

Status
Not open for further replies.
if cliff thinks this many changes aren't worth a major version number, i wonder what he’s got in the works for firmware 13!
I always wonder that too .., but I think he's said in the past that major revisions to the Amp modeling would constitute a version number change.

Thank you for the update. Unbelievable the amount of improves since I owned the unit!

However, I was deciding to revisite some stock presets today and use different cabs with them when I have realised that there is big pop when I am adding or muting cabs. Really loud pops (I am with headphones) These can be noticed in the meter levels too.

I am using Edit III btw and you can check it in the stock preset 59 "Atomica" and in the stock cab block just muting and soloing the cabs together. i.e. just blending it with the Citrus.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Thank you for the update. Unbelievable the amount of improves since I owned the unit!

However, I was deciding to revisite some stock presets today and use different cabs with them when I have realised that there is big pop when I am adding or muting cabs. Really loud pops (I am with headphones) These can be noticed in the meter levels too.

I am using Edit III btw and you can check it in the stock preset 59 "Atomica" and in the stock cab block just muting and soloing the cabs together. i.e. just blending it with the Citrus. I will try to record a screen capture or something (I don't know how to do it yet)

Thank you!

I also discovered this a while bag. It was aggressively loud through my headphones and extremely frustrating when muting and unmuting cabs to compare.

And regarding the version numbers, a common pattern in Software Development is called Semantic Versioning, where you use the pattern X.Y.Z. Z goes up for big fixes, Y goes up for new features, and X goes up if you added something that will break things for someone using the software. This is most common in software Libraries, where you're using a library to build your product on top of. The version number is a useful indicator that you might not want to upgrade from 3 to 4 until you figure out what was changed/removed and either handle it or confirm it won't affect your work.

It sounds like Fractal is using a similar concept. X.Y, where X is reserved for amp modelling updates. Since the amp model is the core of most guitar sounds, and an update to the models could affect every amp audibly this makes a good indicator that you might not want to update if you don't have time to check your tones after. I would imagine most bands on tour would avoid any Major Number updates until they're done and have time to see if it changed their sounds.

i your opinion. i'm sure cliff has other ideas!
Probably yeah!
I would be happy if the ampmodeling stayed the same.
Updates often wreck older presets and I suck at dialing them back.
I know you don't have to update , but I want the other goodies and "stay current" so to speak.

Possible BUG, after updating have a horizontal white line that runs about where scene 3 is on the screen. It's present from the time of boot and does not go away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom