Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found the bug, but don't know - is it current version bug, or general. My Axe connected to iMac via USB and then I switch on the Axe, iMac changing the sound device to it, but after that all the processes stucked - Garage Band, YouTube - all the application not working. Only one thing helps - unplug USB cable from Axe and plug it back. After this operation problem solved. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

JFET compressor is very nice indeed! I'm getting some kind of weird, raspy distortion underneath my high gain sounds though that wasn't there in 12.07. I'm using the USA Pre LD2 Yellow if that makes any difference.

Hopefully the attached soundcloud link works. Only thing that's changed between the 2 is the firmware.

JFET compressor is very nice indeed! I'm getting some kind of weird, raspy distortion underneath my high gain sounds though that wasn't there in 12.07. I'm using the USA Pre LD2 Yellow if that makes any difference.

Hopefully the attached soundcloud link works. Only thing that's changed between the 2 is the firmware.

Post the preset.

Post the preset.

Never mind, I'd changed the settings on the input 1 noise gate (from -70 'intelligent' to -40 'noise reducer') and that's what was causing it. Pulled it back up to -70 Intelligent and we're all good again. Not sure if that's something funky or if I was just using the gate wrong 😅

Attached preset. The Triaxis uses user (commercial) IRs, is that gonna be a problem? Do I need to post the IRs too?

Attachments

• Modded Triaxis 2020.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 10
Perhaps you can post the names of the IRs you used in this preset? Please don't post the actual IRs.

Never mind, I'd changed the settings on the input 1 noise gate (from -70 'intelligent' to -40 'noise reducer') and that's what was causing it. Pulled it back up to -70 Intelligent and we're all good again. Not sure if that's something funky or if I was just using the gate wrong 😅
I heard a similar noise with similar settings although different amp model and I'm still on 12.07.

The amp model in question was the Buttery in my case was quite noisy. Setting the threshold from -35 down -60 or something like that helped but then it wasn't nearly as good at getting rid of the noise ;)

Just found the bug, but don't know - is it current version bug, or general. My Axe connected to iMac via USB and then I switch on the Axe, iMac changing the sound device to it, but after that all the processes stucked - Garage Band, YouTube - all the application not working. Only one thing helps - unplug USB cable from Axe and plug it back. After this operation problem solved. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I'm experiencing the same issue and I can confirm that it happens on multiple systems. My 2019 MacBook Pro, desktop, and on my Dell Latitude 5480; they all experience this bug. To expand even further, simply power cycling my Axe Fx III does not resolve the issue, the only thing that 'fixes' the bug is unplugging the USB and plugging it back in. Really weird. Glad I'm not the only one experiencing it though, was about to go crazy. @FractalAudio, is there a way to report this bug or any resolve for it?

I thought that was my MacBook Pro. Studio One would work for awhile and then just stop working, as in I press play and the play light would turn green but nothing would happen. I didn’t think it had anything to do with the axe FX being plugged in. I was restarting my laptop to get it to work again. Restarting Studio One doesn’t work. I’ll have to try the unplugging the USB and plugging back in trick and see if it works. In my case, this seems to have been going on longer than 12.08.

I'm experiencing the same issue and I can confirm that it happens on multiple systems. My 2019 MacBook Pro, desktop, and on my Dell Latitude 5480; they all experience this bug. To expand even further, simply power cycling my Axe Fx III does not resolve the issue, the only thing that 'fixes' the bug is unplugging the USB and plugging it back in. Really weird. Glad I'm not the only one experiencing it though, was about to go crazy. @FractalAudio, is there a way to report this bug or any resolve for it?

That's not unique to this firmware. Many of us have been experiencing it for a long time. There have been a number of threads on it so Fractal are certainly aware. Though there doesn't seem to be a solution other than unplugging/pluging the USB cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom