Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the VC is a definite improvement. However, I noticed that, when selected, the tracking mode of "Poly" does not turn on,
(at least not in AXE-Edit).
The mode stays in Mono Mode.
Anyone know why?

Any recommendations on how to use? Where in the chain should it be placed and once you change pitch does the tuner see it that way? Thanks

As others have said. I use it right after the input block, and I think the tuner will always show your real "unprocessed" tuning.

A little screen glitch when going from Arpeggiator to Classic Whammy type from AxeEdit or FracPad :
IMG_20200508_173251[1].jpg

Also it seems firmware notes don't talk about Diffusion and Diffusion Time parameters added in Crystal Echoes type ;)

Last edited:
I think the VC is a definite improvement. However, I noticed that, when selected, the tracking mode of "Poly" does not turn on,
(at least not in AXE-Edit).
The mode stays in Mono Mode.
Anyone know why?

Axe-Edit has not yet been updated to support this beta. For now, please operate the pitch block from the front panel of the Axe-Fx III.

Since updating I've had two freeze-ups in the last 5 minutes (power-cycled in between) using the 1978 v2 preset posted by another forum member this week. Current Axe-Edit was connected. I'll have to see if disconnecting from AE produces different result.

Not sure it's been mentioned, but the pitch block at defaults (no virtual capo pitch changes) sounds different when engaged. Is this expected?

I noticed the same thing. Additionally, the VC block, when initially loaded and activated with shift set to 0, has a lot of latency. Changing the shift setting one way or another (and even returning it to zero) fixes the latency issue.

I noticed the same thing. Additionally, the VC block, when initially loaded and activated with shift set to 0, has a lot of latency. Changing the shift setting one way or another (and even returning it to zero) fixes the latency issue.
Why would you use it with a shift of 0?

Wow, VC is incredible, usually I do not use betas, especially as fresh as deux... But I wanted to test VC as I have several songs that I play on drop A tuned bass. Now I have the solution to not to switch the basses - same bass, same preset (except Pitch1 switched right after input) - sounds consistent, latency is nearly not noticeable, far OK for live purposes, at the moment I want to play so recording test will be done later...

I have deux for about 1 hour, and after about 40 mintes of playing on preset with VC Axe froze with high pitch noise, but it was not completely frozen - I was able to change scenes or patches, but there was only that noise, does not stopping during preset changes or USB unplugging (I was using backing tracks via USB). I had to switch it off and on.

BTW. Noticed something strange in regard of USB disconnecting - before 12.07 if it disconnected, I had to shut down Axe and app that was using it, after unit has started I could start the app and it was working (sometimes "endlessly', sometimes until next disconnection). With 12.07 it mostly froze for a second or two, then working fine, just very few times disconnected totally. Now with deux it is stranger - Axe driver shows device disconneted, Reaper does not see audio device, AIMP does not see audio device, Opera with YT playing via Axe was disconnected, started to play through my monitor speakers for 2 seconds and switched playback back to Axe. Driver CP shows still that device is disconnected.

I will also put above on USB disconnecting thread, maybe somebody will be able to find out something.

I can’t wait for this version to go non-beta.. I literally use the pitch block everyday for when I play the National Anthem for the neighbors before the howling commences.. very curious to see how it sounds after this version :)

I wouldn't. The latency change struck me as odd, so I figured it may be worth a mention as we go through the beta in case it is a symptom of a more significant software bug.
That's expected behavior. The "heads" are frozen when the shift is zero so depending upon where the heads are the latency can be noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom