Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am definitely not Tom Morello, but I through a quick example together of a standard tuned guitar dropped -7 semitones for all parts with the new Pitch block.

Damn, that sounds stellar!!! Can't wait to try it once the official release is up.

@FractalAudio I know the infamous 'Ares port' for the AX8 is somehow in a "WIP gray area", and I'm just speaking for myself here, but is there a chance that we could get these upgrades to the Pitch block? I mean, I'm on the same boat with the guys who thinks the AX8 sounds great (and still hoping ARES will bring the boy to new heights 🤞 ;) 🤞 ), but the Pitch block has always been the "weak spot" so to speak.

Pitch sounds great!

I'm having an issue with a preset I made with the first beta, it locks up the axe-fx every time I go to that preset. Power off and on fixes it until I go back to that preset?

sure thing
you've got a lot going on in this preset
Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 9.02.01 PM.png
and you don't say what you were doing when you heard the pops, so it could have been the looper, the compressor, or maybe one of the three things that are all attached to External 1
Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 9.07.24 PM.png

Last edited:
Pitch sounds great!

I'm having an issue with a preset I made with the first beta, it locks up the axe-fx every time I go to that preset. Power off and on fixes it until I go back to that preset?
Please post the preset.

Damn, that sounds stellar!!! Can't wait to try it once the official release is up.

@FractalAudio I know the infamous 'Ares port' for the AX8 is somehow in a "WIP gray area", and I'm just speaking for myself here, but is there a chance that we could get these upgrades to the Pitch block? I mean, I'm on the same boat with the guys who thinks the AX8 sounds great (and still hoping ARES will bring the boy to new heights 🤞 ;) 🤞 ), but the Pitch block has always been the "weak spot" so to speak.
The AX-8 is a legacy product. We don't sell them anymore.

you think they are the problem?
You got to give us more info. I loaded your preset and played it for about 30 minutes with no problems. What were you doing when this happened? Were you using the editor? Etc.

You got to give us more info. I loaded your preset and played it for about 30 minutes with no problems. What were you doing when this happened? Were you using the editor? Etc.

I had Axe Edit and Reaper open but wasn't recording at the time, neither changing the preset or switching scenes. Just playing. Maybe for 15 minutes. Happened on Scene 1 and on Scene 4, I haven't played the others.

true.

I just wish we could go back from the windows-98-selection-blue
It's a tiny detail, but it would be cool if the low freq was right-justified within its column and the high frequency was left-justified within its column, so they kinda visually hint at being the dividers between the three bands a bit better....

Reactions: jon
This is impressive, tried everything that would usually mess with pitch detection and it played like a dream without a sweat. Thanks Cliff!!!

you've got a lot going on in this preset
View attachment 67162
and you don't say what you were doing when you heard the pops, so it could have been the looper, the compressor, or maybe one of the three things that are all attached to External 1
View attachment 67163

I was playing on scenes 1 and 2, everything attached to External 1 are bypassed in these scenes. I didn't actively use the looper.

I think it could have been the connection to Reaper if Cliff had no problems with the preset. I was going out of the Axe with Out 1 and the DI signal on USB 5. Not recording though at the time

I was playing on scenes 1 and 2, everything attached to External 1 are bypassed in these scenes. I didn't actively use the looper.

I think it could have been the connection to Reaper if Cliff had no problems with the preset. I was going out of the Axe with Out 1 and the DI signal on USB 5. Not recording though at the time
for what it’s worth, i don’t get any issues either. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom