Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew Cliff had been up to something. This was the longest between beta releases since I bought the unit 9 months ago. Absolutely awesome improvements, @FractalAudio. Not only the pitch block, but the fact that you continue to push amp modeling forward is why you have earned my dollars now and into the future.

Update sounds killer. My Axe FX III has frozen twice since updating to the beta firmware though :(
Just happened to me as well....when I was away from the rig.....Can’t post the preset cuz of beta test reasons, but it was nothing out of the ordinary..Both AxeEdit and the box froze with no input , hasn’t reoccurred after restart yet.

Same preset? Post it please.

Personal preset. My main presets appear to no longer exist after rolling back to 12.07. They show up in the preset browser:

1588937805930.png

But they are blank when I open them:

1588937835863.png

Blank on the Axe FX III as-well. I did not save any changes to my presets when using the 12.08 beta.

Personal preset. My main presets appear to no longer exist after rolling back to 12.07. They show up in the preset browser:

That's normal. Presets created / saved under a more recent firmware revision may show empty after downgrading the firmware.

So awesome - can't wait to dive into it this weekend! I was just using the VC the other day at -5 and thought it sounded passable - excited to see the improvements! Thank you FAS!

Spent only 5 minutes w/ the Virtual Capo and my 1st impressions are that it's truly unbelievable ! WOW o_O ..., just WOW !

Same preset? Post it please.

Mine just froze too. Everything else working OK but went to the preset and it froze solid. Switched off and restarted and everything worked fine on that preset

I can't post the preset as it's Mokes Rebel Yell preset which I paid for

No other issues at present

I'm nailing the tone to Back in the Saddle. Pitch block at -13 (they were in Eb). Morgan AC20 dirty. Sounds killer!

Wow, the improvement on the pitch block is unbelievable!
Almost totally glitch-free, I managed to get some tiny warbles only with CPU at 80% and playing Aerials low arpeggio in drop C (but it could be fault of my poor arpeggio skills), but for anything else it's been pretty much perfect even under stress (pinch harmonics, palm mutes, bendings, etc.)
And all this with minimal latency, even with tracking set on 10 it's less than the minimum setting on the old algorithms, aka imperceptible.

Thanks Cliff!

PS: I didn't get why there's an off setting for the tracking mode, it just makes it worse basically. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Where are you guys liking the VC in the chain? Pre-amp/cab, between amp and cab or post?
Shouldn't it be first after the input? I think I saw that posted somewhere out here, but it makes sense to me that we'd want to drop/raise the pitch and then go into everything else in the chain. I guess I haven't tried it anywhere else though so I'd be curious to hear what others are doing as well.

Shouldn't it be first after the input? I think I saw that posted somewhere out here, but it makes sense to me that we'd want to drop/raise the pitch and then go into everything else in the chain. I guess I haven't tried it anywhere else though so I'd be curious to hear what others are doing as well.
This is correct. Immediately after input.

Always first for me, same way I used to run my drop

After trying the pitch shifter out I had to change my emoji response to the OP from 'Like' to 'Wow'. I tried my Killing in the Name and Lonely Boy patches and it is so smooth. Very, very happy. :cool:

Anyone want to buy a Whammy pedal? Yeah, this makes the pitch block sooo much more useful.

@FractalAudio I don't suppose there is any possibility of an option for the old style tracking algorithm in the Ring Mod block? While the new tracking is a HUGE step in accuracy, part of the fun of the Ring Modulator is its behaviour when it fails to accurately track the pitch.
The old pitch detector algorithm is still in there so I suppose I could add a parameter to select it. The new pitch detector is pretty hard to confuse. I compared it to several products I have here (Brand E, Brand K and Brand D) and it locks onto pitch better than any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom