Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta 4

Did anyone find a the answer to this, and i just missed the reply? This happened to me last night except it was a high freq, somewhere probably between 4-6khz. Was tracking in PT11 on my hackintosh, wasn't changing anything on axe side (no bypasses or scene changes), got the pitch thing when i hit record. Guitar sounds still came through; didn't think to bypass anything in my signal flow, but i closed the session and pro tools but sound didn't stop until i power cycled axe. I was using scene 3 which is pretty light (in>amp>cab>comp>out). Axe is playback engine and audio out for computer, was monitoring through axe headphone out.

I'm starting to notice a lot of posts about crystal echos, which i have in my chain, but it was bypassed when this happened.
t
I haven't received any further information about the issue, but it sure seems like a beta 4 bug. Based upon your chain description, the commonality in our respective scenes is amp>cab>comp. Unlike you, however, I wasn't tracking at the time, although I was using the looper block at the time of crash. My only Axe USB use at the time was to interface with Axe Edit.

Last night at band rehearsal my scene I use for my leads would not engage. Number 4, every button on my FC-12 would work but that one. Had to shut down and reboot, never happened before but after reboot it was fine. Glad it wasn't at a show. Maybe a one time fluke? Anyone else have this happen?

Had the same experience, but on previous firmware. Like you, reboot resolved it. Not on the current beta so can’t say it’s directly relevant.

Yeah, I figured beta bug and I mean, that’s why it’s a beta and not final release. It’s more a shock that I wasn’t using any of the highlighted features when this happened, so I figured I should help draw attention to it.

Last night at band rehearsal my scene I use for my leads would not engage. Number 4, every button on my FC-12 would work but that one. Had to shut down and reboot, never happened before but after reboot it was fine. Glad it wasn't at a show. Maybe a one time fluke? Anyone else have this happen?
yes, last week one of my scenes wouldn't activate. rebooted hasn't done it since. actually I don't for sure remember, but think it might have been #4 on mine.

yes, last week one of my scenes wouldn't activate. rebooted hasn't done it since. actually I don't for sure remember, but think it might have been #4 on mine.
Someone else had posted scene 4 for them as well. Strange.

I had this happen once during a gig - figured out between sets that it was because the nut on the button itself was loose - once I tightened it up it was fine. I think I might have also had the same experience as you as well though - but a reboot fixed it in that case.

I had this happen once during a gig - figured out between sets that it was because the nut on the button itself was loose - once I tightened it up it was fine. I think I might have also had the same experience as you as well though - but a reboot fixed it in that case.
Thanks. I checked it and the nut is tight, at least checking it by hand. I tried turning it both ways and it seems snug.

Had this issue occur twice now on Beta 4: my guitar signal drops and is replaced by just a high-er pitched noise but not feedback. Like a digital high pitched noise if that makes any sense. Only fix is turning off the Axe and turning it back on. It's not a super loud noise (thankfully). Currently have the Axe connected Via USB to my iMac and through SPDIF to a Scarlett 8i6. The sound was coming out of Out 2 which goes to my Headrush. No other outputs are connected to anything.

I shut it off before I tried unplugging anything (like the USB or SPDIF) but wondered if anyone has heard something like that. Checked the Scarlett and it was still synced at 48k.

I'm using a guitar with passive pickups so not a battery issue. Guitar cable has been fine but I'll swap it out tomorrow just to rule it out.

I was concerned it was going to start screaming so I shut off the Axe quickly.

Had this issue occur twice now on Beta 4: my guitar signal drops and is replaced by just a high-er pitched noise but not feedback. Like a digital high pitched noise if that makes any sense. Only fix is turning off the Axe and turning it back on. It's not a super loud noise (thankfully). Currently have the Axe connected Via USB to my iMac and through SPDIF to a Scarlett 8i6. The sound was coming out of Out 2 which goes to my Headrush. No other outputs are connected to anything.

I shut it off before I tried unplugging anything (like the USB or SPDIF) but wondered if anyone has heard something like that. Checked the Scarlett and it was still synced at 48k.

I'm using a guitar with passive pickups so not a battery issue. Guitar cable has been fine but I'll swap it out tomorrow just to rule it out.

I was concerned it was going to start screaming so I shut off the Axe quickly.
Basically the same thing that I experienced (described earlier in this chain). Suggest that you post the preset that you were using at the time so that those knowledgeable can conduct their Fractalytics.

Basically the same thing that I experienced (described earlier in this chain). Suggest that you post the preset that you were using at the time so that those knowledgeable can conduct their Fractalytics.
Interesting- the scene of the preset that it occurred on was a heavily modified AB preset so I’ll recreate it from scratch and see if the issue returns. Thanks for the response.

Still Thursday here in the land of sunshine and bromides and fast cars where almost everybody seems vaguely happy, except those who know in their hearts what is missing... And being driven slowly and quietly into the kind of terminal craziness that comes with finally understanding that the one thing you want is not there. Missing. Back-ordered. No tengo. Vaya con dios.

Back
Top Bottom