Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta 4

Possible bug: when using the classic whammy set to either an octave up or 2 octaves up (doesn't happen on octaves down), Control attached to a midi expression pedal, I get a pop when moving off of the 0 Control value. It sounds like it hesitates and then pops as it jumps up to the value. I’ll try to get a preset sent out later this evening.

Last edited:
BUG The USB input is not working with 12.08 Public Beta 4. It is not possible to reamp.

At the Layout Meters (axe-FX front panel) I can see the inUSB meter moving (only one channel), but it doesn't send the signal to the next block

I have reverted to 12.08 Public Beta 3, to verify that there is nothing wrong with my DAW, and it is working again

Last edited:
Finally had some time to try the beta4, and encountered an issue with pitch shifter block :
Inserted pitch block after the input, set to virtual capo, didn't touch anything else and the latency was pretty big, something really annoying, while the shifting was set to 0.
I had to reset the block and set tracking to 1-2 to get the feeling i had in beta3

Your preset is using too much CPU and the Idle Thread is starved for resources.
Thanks for the reply...Yes that makes sense that there were probably too many things going on that a lot the AXE's CPU power was being consumed. However, I don't know what would have been wrong with the preset I was on. It did not show more than 80% for the preset. I have never seen my screen on the AXE FX III do what it was doing before this incident. But mysteriously by letting AXE Edit read the block and cabinet names slowly after I just left the AXE III on all night, everything appears to be working correctly now. Going forward, any suggestions on how to prevent the CPU of the AXE III from overwhelming itself when doing an update?

I'm encountering an issue with the tuner that seems to have started with beta 4. The tuner is showing a half step lower for all notes. In the tuner config I confirmed downtune is disabled. Doesn't matter whether or not the active patch has a pitch block in it. And Input 1 is my tuning source.

BUG The USB input is not working with 12.08 Public Beta 4. It is not possible to reamp.

At the Layout Meters (axe-FX front panel) I can see the inUSB meter moving (only one channel), but it doesn't send the signal to the next block

I have reverted to 12.08 Public Beta 3, to verify that there is nothing wrong with my DAW, and it is working again

I just reamped with it last night.

I'm seeing the same thing here with Beta 4.

I'm encountering an issue with the tuner that seems to have started with beta 4. The tuner is showing a half step lower for all notes. In the tuner config I confirmed downtune is disabled. Doesn't matter whether or not the active patch has a pitch block in it. And Input 1 is my tuning source.

Not here, I just checked against my physical A 440Hz pitch fork.

Are you perhaps using SPDIF? Check that the sample rate is correct.

i've noticed something strange into the pitch/crystal echoes block:
the splice time are fixed on (53ms). i can't change it
the splice tempo doesn't change it
do you have this too by your side?
I suspect a bug on this point
do you have the same problem on your side?

Back
Top Bottom