Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta 4

In regards to the whammy pitch shifter - I notice that when playing a high note - say g on the 15th fret - and applying some subtle vibrato, as the note decays the shifted note wobbles around a bit. I double checked my guitar tuning and my strings are in good condition so those are not contributing factors in this case. Seems like the pitch detector is hearing more pitch movement than I am applying to the note. But otherwise - WOW! Great improvements overall. The reverse compressor with a noise gate to follow it is sustain heaven!
Noticed the same, more wobbly artifact sort of noises.

Nice! Kind of like Ring Mod, but unique...
Yup, similar to the ring mod but smoother

That's a cool effect. Can you share the patch? I would love to experiment with it.
Sure, here you go (I used scene 2).
Part of that effect is obtained thanks to some extreme settings of the reverb block, be careful cuz it's pretty easy to make it overwhelming if you play too hard/fast

Attachments

• Pitch OFF.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 32
Weird behaviour from the Comp Block: sometimes I can't select a model, and when I can, another than I selected shows up

I upgraded to this release and lost by USB audio. I can still talk to the Axe with MidiBot and Axe Edit but cannot play audio (iTunes) trhough the monitors anymore. I downgraded back to 12.07 and everything is fine. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the updates!!! Just a suggestion: In the pitch block can we get a negative octave + dry signal ala digitech drop pedal? You know what else would be cool? Tuning up an octave + dry signal...could this be achieved through the mix knob? Thanks again :)

Thanks for the updates!!! Just a suggestion: In the pitch block can we get a negative octave + dry signal ala digitech drop pedal? You know what else would be cool? Tuning up an octave + dry signal...could this be achieved through the mix knob? Thanks again :)
I would think that's exactly what a 50% Mix would do.

For the lower octave try the Octave Divider and turn off the -2 Octave.

Back
Top Bottom