Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poly is no longer an option. It’s tracking off or on now. Axe-Edit hasn’t been updated for the beta so it’s not reflecting this change. Always check the hardware when running a beta.
I was wondering, is Axe Edit updated only after a Beta release has become Public?

Yes, this is the thing I have been noticing on my 'Cars' synth preset. I have the pitch block attached to an LFO and it now clicks like crazy. I tried adjusting the tracking, but it still won't go away.
Cool preset! I see the clicking from both blocks - much more pronounced the more you play of course.

Will we get a release version today ? It is Friday
Unlikely. There will probably be another beta before a release version.

I've been slaving away all week on the pitch shifter. It's very, very good now. I'm now using a wavelet approach for the pitch detection. This provides even faster detection than before and increases the low frequency detection by an octave which makes shifting chords smoother.

I still want to do an overhaul of the Chorus using the techniques that were used in the Flanger. I also have some ideas on reverb (although the reverb is pretty great already).

I've been slaving away all week on the pitch shifter. It's very, very good now. I'm now using a wavelet approach for the pitch detection. This provides even faster detection than before and increases the low frequency detection by an octave which makes shifting chords smoother.

I still want to do an overhaul of the Chorus using the techniques that were used in the Flanger. I also have some ideas on reverb (although the reverb is pretty great already).
Cliff, as it is in this beta, the vitual capo is ridiculously good on bass.

The Fractal finally performs better than my MXR Bass Octave Deluxe.

Bravo! And thanks!

Dang! ...

Great ! I don't mind waiting on that !!!

Hard to imagine how you could improve on the Pitch Shifter. It will likely be beyond the capabilities of my ears . . . . :)

Seriously, is it even possible to make the reverb better? Fractal has the best reverb algorithms I think I've ever heard.

TBH the Spring Reverb is quite far away from sounding like a real spring reverb. Compare it with e.g. any IR based reverb plug-in, or with a real-life Twin Reverb... some room for improvement here IMHO

TBH the Spring Reverb is quite far away from sounding like a real spring reverb. Compare it with e.g. any IR based reverb plug-in, or with a real-life Twin Reverb... some room for improvement here IMHO
Are you putting it before the Amp?

I've often thought It would be great to have the spring verb built into the amp models that have one. Seems to me before or after the amp just isn’t the same.

@FractalAudio: and if we would wait a bit longer... ... set-/songlist functionality for the fc's in the final 12.08 release? :innocent:

Nevertheless: awesome tool, awesome support and an impressive continious stream of improvements where improvement seems impossible. You guys n dolls at FAS really rock. 🤟👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom