Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the newest Beta (upgrading from Beta 1) and lost USB audio input from windows again. After a couple of power cycles of the axe fx and then plugging and unplugging the usb cable, it did come back ...

From the PC side it looks like everything is working and it's an active audio device on the AXE side ... Nothing ...

I installed the newest Beta (upgrading from Beta 1) and lost USB audio input from windows again. After a couple of power cycles of the axe fx and then plugging and unplugging the usb cable, it did come back ...

From the PC side it looks like everything is working and it's an active audio device on the AXE side ... Nothing ...

I've been having that problem without using the beta, on the latest public build.

USB audio just doesn't work and I have to power cycle the Axe a couple times to get it back.

I get this intermittently on all previous versions too. On a Mac, I need to do power up and power down in a predefined sequence. Turn on my Mac, connect the axe fx USB, turn on my UAD, turn on axe fx and finally open my DAW. And turn them off in reverse. Else I run into all sorts of issues with the axe fx not showing up, audio dropping out etc.

Even with this, an aggregate audio device on the Mac sometimes doesn’t register the axe fx as connected... I need to deselect and re-select the axe fx in Audio-Midi setup.

Definitely something strange in the Pitch block with that preset? I also get some strange things when playing some Minor chords, and when playing a chord inversions with a 3rd as the lowest note? Also most complex chords, but that has always been the case so far.
I extended the range of the pitch detector by another octave today and that reduces the warbling considerably when playing chords with dissonant intervals. A side-effect what I did is that it further reduces the detector latency.

I am not a power user. Should I try out this beta release? Is it safe? I would hate to screw up my unit. Thanks for the group's expert response, as always!

I am not a power user. Should I try out this beta release? Is it safe? I would hate to screw up my unit. Thanks for the group's expert response, as always!
it won't "screw up" anything, but it is a beta with potential to have issues. if you make a complete backup with Fractal-Bot first, you can always roll back.

I get this intermittently on all previous versions too. On a Mac, I need to do power up and power down in a predefined sequence. Turn on my Mac, connect the axe fx USB, turn on my UAD, turn on axe fx and finally open my DAW. And turn them off in reverse. Else I run into all sorts of issues with the axe fx not showing up, audio dropping out etc.

Even with this, an aggregate audio device on the Mac sometimes doesn’t register the axe fx as connected... I need to deselect and re-select the axe fx in Audio-Midi setup.
Will try your sequence. Have had to switch back to analog outs into analog ins since getting the new MacBook, as I can't get the digital audio reliably showing up where it should.

I extended the range of the pitch detector by another octave today and that reduces the warbling considerably when playing chords with dissonant intervals. A side-effect what I did is that it further reduces the detector latency.
Why can't big pharma's stuff have side effects like that.

Try our new formula Metformin - controls blood sugar better and increases pheremone production.

Instead, it makes your eyeballs feel like Homer Simpson's.... LOL!

Virtual Capo Chorus Clean Test v12.08 B3 with Pitch Block Shift parameter set to -4:

@Jason Scott - any chance you could try shifting up +3 or more to see how that sounds? I have used the VC in a church band for a while now with great results (usually shifting up), and it seems like it got really warbly in one of these last betas, even on 'simple' minor chords. Seems like everyone is trying it shifted down with great results and maybe not a lot are shifting up. I see that Cliff posted that he changed the algo to extend the range, so hoping that fixes what I'm hearing. The worship leader at my church shifts song keys a lot, so I rely on pitching up to +5 for that gig. Thanks.

Last edited:
Heck Yeah! Can't wait to check that out!

Just need to get that 'Formant' thing that you worked on a while back added in there, Or did you already...??;):cool:

Why not? A non-power user myself, I like to try-out every beta: what can possibly go wrong?
If you back up like Chris said, you can always roll back.
So far never felt the need to. by the way. Some minor glitches which don't weigh up to the fun of the improvements.

I have found the VC pretty good on most stuff ,usually down to Eb or D for many songs...however I really struggle with using it on acoustic type sounds..for example tweaked mokes wanted preset , dropped in the pitch bloke for VC and moved it up 2 to strum the simple song wonderall...I really struggle to get it to work without sounding off, same on other acoustic /clean presets, it seems you cannot have 2 pitch blocks in the preset, I put the pitch block 1 VC as the first block ..if I have Pitch block 2 further in the chain,using a detune, it doesnt sound good, oddly if i turn off that block it still sounds ropey, if I delete pitch block 2 ie insert a shunt then it is considerably better...dont understnd why it would have an impact if that block is bypassed anyway
like wise doesnt seem to like chorus in the chain either, gives an odd warble intermittenly ...which again dont understand, as if the VC is first inline in the chain, why does chorus or pitch block 2 not work well in the preset..
Not complaining just trying to understand the best way to make VC work within a preset etc

With the latest beta updates including the awesome Virtual Capo, I assume it's still not possible to use the Axe FX to do a real-time Drop D tuning due to just technical limitations of the pickups? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom