Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loaded my second or third beta ever...played for 3 hrs or so today, with axe edit on, making changes, shifting thru presets....no hiccups or freezes whatsoever. And this firmware sounds GREAT!!! The VC is insanely tight and now the best on the market, bar none! Thanks Cliff & Co!!

Yes, I am sure it is beta3. I cannot upload preset as my unit and computer are away at the moment. I have uploaded 3 friday evening (CET) quickly after it was released, not experiencing freezing of deux, just willing to avoid it as it was noticed and directly solved with beta3. I have tried to reproduce it today during rehearsal, but it seems random. That’s why I was asking if anyone else had that issue and in which condition, maybe I’ve missed something.
There is defiantly a problem with the preset. I noticed that the studio Reverb does not show the quality setting until you reselect the reverb.
Suggest you fix this then re-export the preset to see if that solves the problem.l
Hello, Sir!

Both times it happened when I switched to this preset.
Something is up with this preset. There is no quality setting for the reverb until you reselect it in Axe Edit.

Hi! I really love the new Virtual Capo algo. I am trying to switch to Poly, but Axe-Edit won't let me, and the Tracking Mode does not appear on the hardware.

Just loaded up Beta 3 and hearing an issue with the pitch block using VC (test preset attached). Certain chords give a really fast tremolo effect (try Am7 in 1st position for example). Tried changing Detector Source from Block In to Input 1, disabling gate, etc., but no joy. I hope this is user error, cause I need that chord!

Attachments

• Pitch Block Test.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
There is defiantly a problem with the preset. I noticed that the studio Reverb does not show the quality setting until you reselect the reverb.
Suggest you fix this then re-export the preset to see if that solves the problem.l

Something is up with this preset. There is no quality setting for the reverb until you reselect it in Axe Edit.

Hello, Sir!

I checked! This is happening to most of them. Maybe it's Axe Edit (vs 1.05.12 beta)
Thanks for reply.

Hi! I really love the new Virtual Capo algo. I am trying to switch to Poly, but Axe-Edit won't let me, and the Tracking Mode does not appear on the hardware.
Poly is no longer an option. It’s tracking off or on now. Axe-Edit hasn’t been updated for the beta so it’s not reflecting this change. Always check the hardware when running a beta.

Just loaded up Beta 3 and hearing an issue with the pitch block using VC (test preset attached). Certain chords give a really fast tremolo effect (try Am7 in 1st position for example). Tried changing Detector Source from Block In to Input 1, disabling gate, etc., but no joy. I hope this is user error, cause I need that chord!
May be this issue:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...rsion-12-08-public-beta-3.161423/post-1933185

I didn't have good results with "complex" chords.

Hello, Sir!

I checked! This is happening to most of them. Maybe it's Axe Edit (vs 1.05.12 beta)
Thanks for reply.
Were they ax8/axe2 presets converted with fractool? The missing quality setting happens to me too with those.

This can happen with old or converted presets. There's an internal parameter which has gotten corrupt. Not caused by this firmware.
Reselecting the type solves this.

Women who "get it" are rare. And yet, they expect you to listen in awe ad infinitum about their interests, be it soap operas, home redecorating, or gossip about what her friends/family are/aren't doing. Case in point: I just got asked to drop what I was enjoying doing (reading about gear) and go to the other end of the house to look at a box of frozen lobster....

Hahaha, thankfully, she does get it (she’s played drums for years and can actually tell you the difference between delay and reverb, knows about guitar brands, bought me a couple cool guitars over the years) I just think she’s become numb to me raving about the AxeFX. It was happening for years before I even got one. Somehow, immediately after getting out of a relationship with a psycho, my wife fell into my lap. It’s been 12.5 years and I’m still waiting for her to come out all crazy and be like “I’ve been holding in my batshit craziness this whole time and now you’re trapped!”, but it’s yet to happen.

Hahaha, thankfully, she does get it (she’s played drums for years and can actually tell you the difference between delay and reverb, knows about guitar brands, bought me a couple cool guitars over the years) I just think she’s become numb to me raving about the AxeFX. It was happening for years before I even got one. Somehow, immediately after getting out of a relationship with a psycho, my wife fell into my lap. It’s been 12.5 years and I’m still waiting for her to come out all crazy and be like “I’ve been holding in my batshit craziness this whole time and now you’re trapped!”, but it’s yet to happen.
So, what you're saying is your wife is more uncommon than a unicorn, then?

I've never used the pitch block before.

Loaded the new firmware yesterday; dropped the pitch block into a Plexi patch; Virtual Capo at -1. Played along with "Purple Haze". Awesome. Excellent work. Thank you!

Not sure if it's the beta, but I just got an EV1, hooked it up and calibrated, and it acts like a on off. Between 0 and 90% nothing, then maximum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom