Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone experienced freezing with beta3? I had few situation yesterday and today. I have 3 „original” presets for 3 basses, which are the same except EQ and some levels. All or them have 2 pitch blocks - octaver and whammy. I have copied them and modified - removed octaver and moved block to front to use as VC. On the old presets I had few times unit frozen - input 1 shows LED signal, but no sound, other inputs were dead, all outputs shown max on LED’s, but no audio - (if there would any it could hurt)... It was possible to edit patch with AxeEdit (I did not check with panel), patch change was not working from FC. To bring it back it was necessary to restart unit. There was nothing specific that cause freeze - sometimes it was twice a song, sometimes long time, change of patches/scenes did not matter. That did not happen on new presets.

I've had the same problem!

Does anyone experienced freezing with beta3? I had few situation yesterday and today. I have 3 „original” presets for 3 basses, which are the same except EQ and some levels. All or them have 2 pitch blocks - octaver and whammy. I have copied them and modified - removed octaver and moved block to front to use as VC. On the old presets I had few times unit frozen - input 1 shows LED signal, but no sound, other inputs were dead, all outputs shown max on LED’s, but no audio - (if there would any it could hurt)... It was possible to edit patch with AxeEdit (I did not check with panel), patch change was not working from FC. To bring it back it was necessary to restart unit. There was nothing specific that cause freeze - sometimes it was twice a song, sometimes long time, change of patches/scenes did not matter. That did not happen on new presets.
Post the presets please. In general if you are having a problem you should post the preset(s) so that we can analyze the problem.

Are you sure you have Beta 3 installed, can you check?

After what happened I touched the USB cable and the foot cable, I thought it was that, so I didn't comment here. I commented after that the friend Wallygatorr1976 posted with the same symptoms.

Can already be implemented with a global block,
Ok you have to add it to each preset...
This method only partially works unless I'm missing something. If you are on a preset that you have setup properly, and go to the perform tab and engage the global pitch block and set the pitch where you want it, yes it works. But as soon as you change scenes it goes back to standard pitch because it only engaged the pitch block in scene 1. Also, after changing scenes, when you go back to scene 1, pitch is no longer engaged there either if you have revert selected for scenes. Seems like the only way this would really work is to have a global setting that changes the pitch at the input.

Actually, after playing with the perform tab, I'm beginning to wonder if you even need to use the mix control. Simply putting the pitch to 0 cents sounds and feels the same as bypassed to me. Just putting Pitch 1 Shift in the perform tab seems to be enough.

Used the Virtual Capo for the first time tonight. Nice! Seamless, quick pitch shifting, no muss, no fuss, no bother.

I found another trick for it besides shifting overall pitch: artificial 2nd harmonic enhancement. Dialed in an octave, rolled the mix level back to 17%, and found a wonderful "welcome to the jangle" rhythm tone with my #1 Strat, chorused into stereo via the Japan CE-2.

Lead track is my "Almost Clean" Mk IIC+ sound with the T808 input boost set at 12db. Bass is my OLP Stingray through an SVT2 and 8x10 SV Bass cab.

Whipped up a quick demo:

Great job, Cliff!

Thanks very much for putting this up. I really enjoyed it!
Great idea with the VC. I'll need to try this sometime.
It's sorta accurate-ish as well. I mean, four of the 6 courses on a twelve string are the normal note plus another an octave up aren't they?

You shoulda used Hot Kitty for the lead though!

No freeze here. I recorded this video to test the improved whammy :)

Sounds sooo good! I can't see any sign of your leg moving to work the whammy, though. Did you DI and re-amp this or how are you controlling the whammy? LFO, scene controller, scene change, control switch, using The Force? What dark sorcery is this? :)

I had a few cocktails last night while I was in my studio. My wife walked into the kitchen, which the studio is right next to, heard me dropping the pitch way, way down and laughing my ass off, "What the fuck are you laughing at?!" "Babe! Listen to this! It tracks PERFECTLY!!", then I sat there and pretty much just chugged with my right hand while moving the pitch up and down while she looked at me like a mom watching her kid being amused by a rock. :laughing:

I had a few cocktails last night while I was in my studio. My wife walked into the kitchen, which the studio is right next to, heard me dropping the pitch way, way down and laughing my ass off, "What the fuck are you laughing at?!" "Babe! Listen to this! It tracks PERFECTLY!!", then I sat there and pretty much just chugged with my right hand while moving the pitch up and down while she looked at me like a mom watching her kid being amused by a rock. :laughing:
Women who "get it" are rare. And yet, they expect you to listen in awe ad infinitum about their interests, be it soap operas, home redecorating, or gossip about what her friends/family are/aren't doing. Case in point: I just got asked to drop what I was enjoying doing (reading about gear) and go to the other end of the house to look at a box of frozen lobster....

Been there more times than I can count. :D

Are you sure you have Beta 3 installed, can you check?
Yes, I am sure it is beta3. I cannot upload preset as my unit and computer are away at the moment. I have uploaded 3 friday evening (CET) quickly after it was released, not experiencing freezing of deux, just willing to avoid it as it was noticed and directly solved with beta3. I have tried to reproduce it today during rehearsal, but it seems random. That’s why I was asking if anyone else had that issue and in which condition, maybe I’ve missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom