Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with everything that has been said on here already. The pitch was already hugely improved in beta 1 now it’s just ridiculously good. This team just keeps delivering. With every firmware update there comes a ton of praises from all of us and you could argue that it gets a little cliche but I really think we need to to indulge our gratitude. These things mean a lot to us, there are always really important improvements to an already amazing product which simply allow us to do more and more. And while I’m praising Cliff and the rest of the Fractal team, let me just say thanks to all of you on this forum. I’ve only had my Axe FX 3 since January and your combined willingness to help and offer advice has helped me immensely.
These guys are doing the exact opposite of what the universe does.

Normally, you think, "it can't get any worse" and the universe takes that challenge and proves you wrong.

Every new firmware makes you think, "it can't get any better" and these guys prove you wrong.

Every.
Single.
Time.

Thanks!

I have to agree with everything that has been said on here already. The pitch was already hugely improved in beta 1 now it’s just ridiculously good. This team just keeps delivering. With every firmware update there comes a ton of praises from all of us and you could argue that it gets a little cliche but I really think we need to to indulge our gratitude. These things mean a lot to us, there are always really important improvements to an already amazing product which simply allow us to do more and more. And while I’m praising Cliff and the rest of the Fractal team, let me just say thanks to all of you on this forum. I’ve only had my Axe FX 3 since January and your combined willingness to help and offer advice has helped me immensely.

Been here for almost 10 years. It doesn't change I assure you.

The quality and frequency is unmatched. You can tell @FractalAudio still loves doing this and we get to come along for the ride. And what a helluva ride. And I've had interchanges with Matt @Admin M@ and these are some class act folks.

Fractal is the only company I'll buy something from sight unseen. And every penny I've spent is worth 10 times (as I sit looking at 2 Mesa cabs and a Mesa Triple Recto, Marshall JCM800 and Splawn Quickrod all gathering dust for years now. )

Back to tracking guitars,

Greg

Do you think the guy complaining about firmware being "behind" on the main website is still patiently waiting there?

Totally 100% agree. Well said.

Do you think the guy complaining about firmware being "behind" on the main website is still patiently waiting there?

LOL!! Yeah its insane isn't it? I've seen several guys post on the FB page with the same complaint and I ask them what cave they're living in or the address of the rock they're under. Cliff and the team deliver more updates and upgrades than any other system in the industry. AND...they don't ask for more money to do it!!!! All the negative talk and complaints floor me because there's NO ONE ELSE in the industry doing what Fractal does. Not even close. Kudos to Cliff, Michael and the entire team for being such bad asses!!! Hope you guys get to take a vacation sometime soon. ;)

I just updated to this, and I'm not seeing the "Dual Shift" under "Types". I watched Leon Todd's video of the Beta 3, and in the second half of his video, he's showing this as a Type. Upon further inspection, a few of my Types don't match what he's showing...here's a screenshot between his (left) and mine (right)
o9woz6Q.png

What am I doing wrong?

I just updated to this, and I'm not seeing the "Dual Shift" under "Types". I watched Leon Todd's video of the Beta 3, and in the second half of his video, he's showing this as a Type. Upon further inspection, a few of my Types don't match what he's showing...here's a screenshot between his (left) and mine (right)
o9woz6Q.png

What am I doing wrong?

Axe-Edit not updated yet

The virtual capo is awesome !!!

A new level of flexibility...ready to play along at any time in the required tuning with only one additional block and no more annoying guitar adjustments due to different guitar tunings :cool::cool::cool:!!!

Thanks Cliff & FAS team !!!

Wouldn't it be cool to implement the virtual capo also in the global settings menu besides in the pitch block ?

The guitar tuning could be changed for all presets easily without having to add a block in each preset you need to use with a different guitar tuning.

Any thoughts?

Wouldn't it be cool to implement the virtual capo also in the global settings menu besides in the pitch block ?

The guitar tuning could be changed for all presets easily without having to add a block in each preset you need to use with a different guitar tuning.

Any thoughts?
Can already be implemented with a global block,
Ok you have to add it to each preset...

o9woz6Q.png

What am I doing wrong?

i think the names have changed. dual harmony = dual diatonic and dual shift = dual chromatic

you can see the quad names have changed as well.

Used the Virtual Capo for the first time tonight. Nice! Seamless, quick pitch shifting, no muss, no fuss, no bother.

I found another trick for it besides shifting overall pitch: artificial 2nd harmonic enhancement. Dialed in an octave, rolled the mix level back to 17%, and found a wonderful "welcome to the jangle" rhythm tone with my #1 Strat, chorused into stereo via the Japan CE-2.

Lead track is my "Almost Clean" Mk IIC+ sound with the T808 input boost set at 12db. Bass is my OLP Stingray through an SVT2 and 8x10 SV Bass cab.

Whipped up a quick demo:

Great job, Cliff!

Hi Joe great video and picking. The cats were great not sure though. I think I was getting the stink eye lol:D:p

You can set it up on the performance screen. Then just turn the dial to increment or decrement pitch per song. Super easy to do without a foot switch.

This change sticks for the whole preset and not just one scene? I love this and now have to do something else with my other stand in switch! ;)

o9woz6Q.png

What am I doing wrong?
Dual Shift was renamed to Dual Chromatic.

Does anyone experienced freezing with beta3? I had few situation yesterday and today. I have 3 „original” presets for 3 basses, which are the same except EQ and some levels. All or them have 2 pitch blocks - octaver and whammy. I have copied them and modified - removed octaver and moved block to front to use as VC. On the old presets I had few times unit frozen - input 1 shows LED signal, but no sound, other inputs were dead, all outputs shown max on LED’s, but no audio - (if there would any it could hurt)... It was possible to edit patch with AxeEdit (I did not check with panel), patch change was not working from FC. To bring it back it was necessary to restart unit. There was nothing specific that cause freeze - sometimes it was twice a song, sometimes long time, change of patches/scenes did not matter. That did not happen on new presets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom